Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generating formatted reports from log files Post 302338085 by johnbach on Monday 27th of July 2009 04:57:27 AM
Old 07-27-2009
replace
Code:
 grep $id $1 |awk '{print $1 " "  $5}'

with
Code:
grep $id $1 |sed 's/ .*|//'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a report -Formatted printing -Urgent

Hi, My aim is to generate a report using shell script. There are various formats fields coloumns etc. I want to print in a single line (row) but in different coloumn as given below: field1 field2 field3 field4 ....... ....... ...... ....... The spacing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating reports based on time field of network data

hi i have data extracted in the following format ranging around 300000 to 800000 records in a text file , the format is of network data . No. Time Source Destination Protocol 1 1998-06-05 17:20:23.569905 HP_61:aa:c9 HP_61:aa:c9 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: renukaprasadb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating files.

I/P file name:- 20092008.txt Check number of entries in i/p file by following command ChkEnt -infl 20092008.txt -opfl 20092008_test.txt >count.txt Dear Friends, Please help me in automating following thing. If output generated (count.txt) is having value more than 1000 i.e.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search reports with specified keyword in log

Hi, I have a question with sed/awk. When I handle some log files I want to search all reports with specified keyword. For example, in the log below. abcd efg ===start abc e ===end xyz ===start af f ===end nf ga ===start ab ===end (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielnpu
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

sarg issue while generating reports for squid

I installed sarg from sarg rpm and i am facing issue while generating sarg reports and getting this time different error below sarg -l /var/log/squid/access.log SARG: Records in file: 242332, reading: 0.00% SARG: Records in file: 242332, reading: 2.06% SARG: Records in file: 242332, reading:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail4vij
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from Log file formatted

Good evening! Trying to make a shell script to parse log file and show only required information. log file has 44 fields and alot of lines, each columns separated by ":". log file is like: first_1:3:4:5:6:1:3:4:5:something:notinterested second_2:3:4:3:4:2 first_1:3:4:6:6:7:8 I am interested... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummie55
3 Replies

7. Linux

Generating apache log reports

Hello all, I'm trying to find some tool on generating reports based on apache access_log files (of Common format). I found some of them (awstats, lire/logreport, weblog expert, apache logs viewer, etc..) but they generate some global and general report about the log file. Also some perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enux
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a Execution time reports using log files.

Hi Experts, I am having a requirement, where i need to generate a report of the execution time of all the processes. All the processes generate the log files in a log directory and I can get the execution time from the log files. like below is the log file. /home/vikas/log >ls -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_vikash
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split files with formatted numbers

How to split the file and have suffix with formatted numbers Tried the following code awk '{filename="split."int((NR-1)/2)".txt"; print >> filename}' split.txt Current Result Expected Result (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
21 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron job scheduled is running once, but reports are generating twice

Team, Hope you all are doing fine I have one admin server which is being used dedicately to run cron jobs on hourly basis, fetching the details from Database which is in a different server.These cronjob are run on every hourly/5 minutes basis depending as per end user requirement.The script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
12 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)