Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to secure ftp in AIX
Operating Systems AIX How to secure ftp in AIX Post 302337962 by TonyFullerMalv on Sunday 26th of July 2009 01:34:08 PM
Old 07-26-2009
Secure FTP is part of most SSH packages, therefore this:
SSH on AIX
will help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ftp to secure server

How to ftp file to secure server. Can somebody pls guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Secure ftp using ssl/tls

We have a requirement to setup secure ftp between our AIX v5.3 system and our mainframe. We don't want to use openssh with sftp and scp. Our mainframe uses ftp over ssl/tls so we have to use this on our AIX box. We have openssl on our AIX system but I'm not sure how to setup ssl/tls over ftp on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DANNYC
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Secure FTP Client that Logs well

Folks I am on a quest.... I am looking for a lightweight FTP client capable of FTPS and or SFTP that has good audit and logging capabilities without requiring a central server component. My platforms are Linux, Solaris, AIX, and Windows Server. The kicker is I have found things that meet the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArtF
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setup Secure FTP

Hi All, Please help me to setup the secure Ftp. I want to build a ftp which should ask the Login id and password, and one thing more a particular login should be enable to read/write only his/her directory i.e,s a user should not be able to open the other directories in the ftp.Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP -r from Secure FTP site

Hi all, My problem is simple. I would like to download the contents of a directory on an ftp site. I can access the site through windows, but there are many files and it would be too tedious to click and download each file. Thus, I am trying to use scp -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Secure FTP corrupts file

Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.9 I am hoping someone has come across this before. I have a script that transfers several gz files via Secure FTP across to an SFTP server on an NT machine. The transfers show as successful: pack12_200812160337.tar.gz | 768kB | 768kB/s | ETA: 00:00:01 | 37%... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronnie_uk
5 Replies

8. Debian

Secure ftp access to outside chroot

I want to setup ftp on my home server running debian 5.0 I found this guide and have read it carefully. Virtual Hosting With PureFTPd And MySQL (Incl. Quota And Bandwidth Management) On Debian Lenny | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials Before I install/config it I want to know if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
1 Replies

9. Programming

Secure FTP from Windows to UNIX

Looking for a way to secure ftp files from Windows to Unix through batch script. This may not be related to Unix/Linux environment, but hoping some solution. Our desktop (Win 7) does not have sftp installed in our machine (DOS-Command Window). We have SSH tools like Winscp, PSFTP (PuTTY),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
4 Replies
FTPUSERS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FTPUSERS(5)

NAME
ftpusers - list of users that may not log in via the FTP daemon DESCRIPTION
The text file ftpusers contains a list of users that may not log in using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server daemon. This file is used not merely for system administration purposes but for improving security within a TCP/IP networked environment. It will typically contain a list of the users that either have no business using ftp or have too many privileges to be allowed to log in through the FTP server daemon. Such users usually include root, daemon, bin, uucp, and news. If your FTP server daemon doesn't use ftpusers then it is suggested that you read its documentation to find out how to block access for certain users. Washington University FTP server Daemon (wuftpd) and Professional FTP Daemon (proftpd) are known to make use of ftpusers. Format The format of ftpusers is very simple. There is one account name (or username) per line. Lines starting with a # are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpusers SEE ALSO
passwd(5), proftpd(8), wuftpd(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2000-08-27 FTPUSERS(5)