Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Printer Entries stuck "finished printing" Post 302337932 by incredible on Sunday 26th of July 2009 10:44:44 AM
Old 07-26-2009
This could also be an in.lpd/port monitor issue. When a print job is cancelled, it communicates with the print server itself, on port 515. Check for in.lpd being active in the /etc/inetd.conf file and also check for rogue port monitors in use on the printer server.

ps -ef |grep <any lp daemon>
kill it and lpstat -o again and check

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

boot process stuck on "Welcome to AIX" banner

Good afternoon, I'm currently working on an IBM 9110-510, with an AIX 6.1 on it. Currently, I've put an HyperTerminal on the machine vty0. Folowing the procedure given by a support guy(§details), I'm able to get to the AIX banner ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilleb
6 Replies

2. AIX

"fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX" Fails and stuck on AIX 6100-05-01-1016

Hi I was wondering if anybody has come across in a failure of fuser command. We have a backup script that is: fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX sync;sync umount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ backup -0 -f /dev/rmt0.1 -u /dev/XXXXXXXlv mount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ sync;sync The script is called from crontab via an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggovotsis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processes on FreeBSD are stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

5. BSD

Process stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"

Server is stuck at "Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"" after i hard reset the server I have IPMI access, please help me diagnose the cause if you can :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 5.10 "Move Pointer" stuck

Hey there, I joined this forum just now cause I need help with an old SUN machine at work. I work on a helpdesk and we use a SOLARIS 5.10 OS. Every once in a while we will try to move one of our windows out of the way to make room on the desktop, and sometimes the mouse doesn't release what we... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRex_2005
7 Replies
in.lpd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						in.lpd(1M)

NAME
in.lpd - BSD print protocol adaptor SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/print/in.lpd DESCRIPTION
in.lpd implements the network listening service for the BSD print protocol specified in RFC 1179. The BSD print protocol provides a remote interface for systems to interact with a local spooling system. The protocol defines five standard requests from the client to the server: starting queue processing, transferring print jobs, retrieving terse status, retrieving verbose status, and canceling print jobs. The in.lpd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/lp Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. in.lpd uses the config/log_from_remote property to allow or disallow remote access. The default value of this property, localhost, disal- lows remote access. inetd waits for connections on TCP port 515. Upon receipt of a connect request, in.lpd is started to service the connection. Once the request has been filled, in.lpd closes the connection and exits. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Allowing Remote Access The following command allows remote access to in.lpd. # inetadm -m svc:/application/print/rfc1179:default bind_addr="" EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/etc/printers.conf System printer configuration database. printers.conf.byname NIS version of /etc/printers.conf. printers.org_dir NIS+ version of /etc/printers.conf. /usr/lib/print/bsd-adaptor/bsd_*.so* Spooler translation modules. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Aug 2006 in.lpd(1M)