Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script within another script Post 302337865 by KevinADC on Saturday 25th of July 2009 10:36:23 PM
Old 07-25-2009
If you have two per scripts combine them into one script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script 'system' linking to local shell script not working

Trying to figure out why this works: printpwd.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Carp qw( fatalsToBrowser ); print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; $A = system("pwd"); $A = `pwd`; print "$A\n"; ^^actually that works/breaks if that makes any sense.. i get the working directory twice but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

4. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing perl script from another perl script : NOT WORKING

Hi Folks, I have 2 perl scripts and I need to execute 2nd perl script from the 1st perl script in WINDOWS. In the 1st perl script that I had, I am calling the 2nd script main.pl =========== print "This is my main script\n"; `perl C:\\Users\\sripathg\\Desktop\\scripts\\hi.pl`; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Shell Script in place of Perl script to Unzip the zip files.

Hi Expert, We have some shell scripts which Internally uses Perl Script to Unzip the source zip files which comes to inbound directory. So now our requirement is to avoid the dependency on Perl Script and us Shell Script to unzip the files. I have the Perl script with me attached can some one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.dasu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting perl script from within a perl script with variables.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I can print the list with no issue. Just a blank screen with the 'do'. #!/usr/bin/perl open FILE, "upslist.txt"; while ($line=<FILE>){ if ($line=~/^(.*?),(.*?)$/){ #print "ups:$1 string:$2\n"; do 'check_snmp_mgeups-0.1.pl -H $1 -C $2'; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
whois(1)						      General Commands Manual							  whois(1)

NAME
whois - Internet username directory service SYNOPSIS
whois [-h server] name... The whois command looks up user, host, and organization names in the Network Information Center (NIC) database. OPTIONS
Specifies a whois server other than the default server rs.internic.net. DESCRIPTION
The name argument can specify the following: The name of a registered user The name of a registered Internet host The name of some other entity recognized by the whois server By default, the whois command queries the host rs.internic.net. The operands specified to the whois command are concatenated together (separated by white-space) and presented to the whois the server. The default action, unless directed otherwise with a special name is to do a very broad search, looking for matches to name in all types of records and most fields (such as name, nicknames, host name, and network address) in the database. For more information as to what name operands have special meaning, and how to guide the search, use the special name help. EXAMPLES
To display the NIC database entry for the organization osf.org, enter: whois osf.org Open Software Foundation (OSF-DOM) 11 Cambridge Center Cambridge, MAS 02142 Domain Name: OSF.ORG . . . SEE ALSO
DARPA Internet Request for Comment: NICKNAME/WHOIS (RFC 812) whois(1)