Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Samba Compiling questions
Operating Systems Solaris Samba Compiling questions Post 302337719 by Keepcase on Friday 24th of July 2009 06:23:39 PM
Old 07-24-2009
Samba Compiling questions

I downloaded a binary from samba.org (3.0.24)

I extracted the file and ran the following command:

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/sfw --with-configdir=/etc/sfw --with-winbind

Now I am trying to understand the compile process but I can't find many answers online

Compiling lib/sendfile.c
lib/sendfile.c: In function `sys_sendfile':
lib/sendfile.c:188: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

lib/iconv.c: In function `sys_iconv':
lib/iconv.c:141: warning: passing arg 2 of `iconv' from incompatible pointer type

Linking nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so
ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken

Can someone englighten me? or push me into the right direction? I just want to better understand what these errors mean

I also tried the following command as well:

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/sfw --with-configdir=/etc/sfw --with-pam --with-pam_smbpass --with-winbind --with-ads --with-ldap

checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... yes
checking for ldap_initialize... no
configure: error: Active Directory support requires ldap_initialize

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure --prefix=/opt/pware/samba/3.0.27a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
1 Replies

2. AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba pre-install questions.

Greetings, I hope this is the right forum. I am looking to install Samba on my Linux box on my home network. I'm pretty sure I can deal with the how, I'm just not certain of the what. ok I'm using Debian lenny with no GUI. I have apt working and I've successfully installed and used one package... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fguy
10 Replies

4. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem compiling Samba 3.5.1 on Solaris 10 with gcc (3.4.6)

I'm getting this error when 'Linking shared library bin/libtalloc.so.2'... anyone know what's up here? Using CFLAGS = -O -I. -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3 -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/../lib/popt -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/iniparser/src -Iinclude -I./include -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling samba problem

People i download the lastest version of samba i`am tryng to compile it in a solaris 9 i'm reading the how to of samba, i am in the first step making the autogen.sh but show me this when i do ./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh: running script/mkversion.sh ./script/mkversion.sh: 'include/version.h'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi all, I am getting the following error While installing Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10. #./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh : autoheader : not found ./autogen.sh : test : argument expected Please help me as I am in a critical state of the project. Warm regards, Sathya (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Two simple questions about Solaris DCHP and Samba

I have two simple questions First is :can dhcp server NATIVE of solaris perform dhcp updates of bind via dnssec like dchpd on linux? Second: Is possible to build a pdc with samba and iplanet ldap server?Or is better with openldap? I never found howto or discussions about iplanet server. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling Samba 4.4.5

I am running Fedora V21 and had their default Samba installed. But I wanted to put up a PDC with ADS, so I uninstalled samba and down loaded the Samba 4.4.5 source along with the Kerberos devel kit etc. I then configured and compiled etc and it indicated it was successful. But I can't load the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: griffinmt
0 Replies
libusb(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						      libusb(3LIB)

NAME
libusb - user-space USB device management library SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] -I/usr/sfw/include file... -L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -lusb [ library... ] #include <usb.h> DESCRIPTION
The libusb library contains interfaces for managing USB devices without a kernel driver. It is an open-source API supported on Linux, Mac- OS X, and NetBSD. See http://libusb.sourceforge.net. The current implementation is version 0.1.8 of the libusb API. Complete documentation for this library can be found at /usr/sfw/share/doc/libusb/libusb.txt. INTERFACES
The shared object libusb.so.1 provides the following public interfaces. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object inter- faces. usb_bulk_read usb_bulk_write usb_claim_interface usb_clear_halt usb_close usb_control_msg usb_find_busses usb_find_devices usb_get_busses usb_get_descriptor_by_endpoint usb_get_descriptor usb_get_string usb_get_string_simple usb_init usb_interrupt_read usb_interrupt_write usb_open usb_release_interface usb_reset usb_resetep usb_set_altinterface usb_set_configuration usb_set_debug usb_strerror FILES
/usr/sfw/lib/libusb.so.1 shared object /usr/sfw/lib/libusb_plugins implementation-specific libusb modules /usr/sfw/bin/libusb-config script to determine linking environment ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlibusb, SUNWlibusbut, | | |SUNWlibugenusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(3), attributes(5) http://libusb.sourceforge.net SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 libusb(3LIB)