Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare log files and get latest Post 302337599 by yogi90 on Friday 24th of July 2009 12:30:37 PM
Old 07-24-2009
#!/usr/bin/ksh

###############################################################################
# #
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Shell Script Name : getlogs #
#
# Location (directory) : /usr/local/bin #
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# #
###############################################################################

#typeset -u export SID=$1
#typeset -l export sid=$1

Hostname=$(hostname)

usermail="abcd@pqrst.com"

if [ "`find . -name "/dir1/dir2/abcd*.log" -mmin 10 | wc -l`" -gt "0" ]
then
ls -1tr /dir1/dir2/abcd*.log | sed -n '1,/^lastlog.txt$/! p' > newlog.txt

mv newlog.txt lastlog.txt

sleep 30

/usr/bin/mailx -s "${HOSTNAME}: subject" $usermail < $/dir1/dir2/newlog.txt
fi

When I run this script it gives an error ./getISTlogsnew.ksh
find: bad option -mmin

Please advise ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare dates in a field and print the latest date row

Hi, I need a shell script which should find the latest date in the field of file and print that line only. For eg., I have a file /date.log Name Date Status IBM 06/06/07 close DELL 07/27/07 open DELL 06/07/07 open : : : From... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cvkishore
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retain 3 latest files

Guys, Please can you tell me how to retain 3 latest files in a directory and get rid of the rest ? Thanks very much Regards, Ganesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compare latest logfile with the current running time of the script

how can i compare the latest log file with the current time.. consider i am running a script "a.sh" at 09:00 ( function of the script a.sh is to update the database ) this script is going to create logfile if the script is sucess in case of failure it is not going to create logfile.. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To list only the very latest files

Hi, There are huge no of files in the directory. If i say ls -ltr it is taking too much time. i want to see only the files for Feb,2009. Please help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 log files

Hello, I am new here, so first of all I want say hello to everyone. I am newbie on script but you may be able to help me on this : I am on solaris (ksh) I need to compare 2 files (one_trash.log / two_arch.log) On the first file I've got like 1000 entries files name Ex of one_trash.log... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require compare command to compare 4 files

I have four files, I need to compare these files together. As such i know "sdiff and comm" commands but these commands compare 2 files together. If I use sdiff command then i have to compare each file with other which will increase the codes. Please suggest if you know some commands whcih can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting Latest files

Hai I wolud like to know how to get the latest files. ex: file_ssss_00 file_ssss_01 i need to get file_ssss_01 files only. (in Unix script) Please give some idea ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju4u
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl's buffered I/O is causing me to miss latest log file entries in log colorizer. How to fix?

I've been finding myself using a log file colorizer written in perl to reformat and colorize the output from many different programs. Mainly, however, I use it to make the output from "tail -f" commands more readable. The base perl script I use is based on "colorlogs.pl" available from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcsteiner
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare different String in Log Files

Hi Guys , sorry for my first post but a newbie here need some help on my simple scripts. I have some scripts below that count the job started and the job finished and is the job started and job finished equal ..then all job was successfully run and finished on that day. but sometime the was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thermometer
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest log files and perform database insert

Hi Experts, I have a situation where I need to write a shell script to continuously monitor a log directory with multiple log files and perform following: 1. Read the latest log file continuously and grep "Success" OR "Failure" 2. As it capture either Success or Failure, it has to perform a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rish_max
1 Replies
USE(1)								   User Commands							    USE(1)

NAME
use - Frontend to the Usepackage Environment Manager SYNOPSIS
csh and derivatives: source /usr/share/usepackage/use.csh bourne shell and derivatives: source /usr/share/usepackage/use.bsh korn shell: . /usr/share/usepackage/use.ksh use [-vs] [-f file] package ... use -l DESCRIPTION
Usepackage is an environment management program. It is based on the principle of packages - collections of executables that share a common set of necessary environment variables, such as PATH, MANPATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH. For each given package, use sources the appropriate environment information into the current shell. The environment information is speci- fied in a configuration file, see usepackage(1). OPTIONS -v Output verbose information to the standard error stream. -s Silence warnings for un-matched packages. This is useful in a shell rc script when a package is known not to be available on all architectures that the shell is used on. -f file Specify an alternate initial configuration file. -l List available packages and groups. FILES
/usr/share/usepackage/usepackage.conf The default configuration file. /usr/share/usepackage/use.csh Shell setup for csh and derivatives. /usr/share/usepackage/use.bsh Shell setup for bourne shell and derivatives. /usr/share/usepackage/use.ksh Shell setup for ksh. /usr/bin/usepackage The underlying Usepackage executable. ENVIRONMENT
Other than the reading and re-definition of environment variables for package setup, use also uses the following environment variables for user configuration: PACKAGES_PATH Colon-separated path list giving the directories to search for configuration files. Shell-style tilde (~) user-directory escapes are expanded. HOME If present in the environment, this is used to provide the expansion for the tilde (~) user-directory. SHELL If present in the environment, the last path component of this is used for shell matching (see SYNTAX) and detecting the style of environment output that should be used, see usepackage(1). COPYRIGHT
Usepackage Environment Manager Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Jonathan Hogg This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA SEE ALSO
usepackage(1), csh(1), sh(1), ksh(1) Usepackage $Date: 2005/12/11 16:42:09 $ USE(1)