Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: chmod -R recursive flag
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers chmod -R recursive flag Post 302337476 by methyl on Friday 24th of July 2009 08:34:03 AM
Old 07-24-2009
Where implemented at all, the "site chmod" command in a ftp session is not the same as the full unix command and has only basic functionality.

see "man ftpd" on the target system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining value in var for flag.

I have problem like this : while loop 1 var=some expression 2 if then 3 Do something 4 oldVar=$var 5 fi 6 done Then, I am facing error at line number 2, mentioning invalid argument. Can anyone please help me for, How to retain value in oldVar? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive chmod that only affects directories?

The man page for chmod doesn't list a way to recursively change permissions on directories only, without affecting the files themselves. Let's say that I wanted to change the permissions on the current directory and all subdirectories. I know I can write a bash script that would do this using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: retrovertigo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

the flag -c in sh command

I need your help please. In a production system, i've seen many running process as follow: sh -c ./pathname/shellname what exactly the flag option -c is used for? ive tried to look at the man page, but it doesnt say much. ill appreciate yor help. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

4. AIX

du flag -x

Hi, I would like to know if there's any option to use with the du command so that I can list only the files/directories on the current filesystem... I usually use du -gs *But I'd like to see only the directories in the filesystem I am on, and not the mount point directory of other fss... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Casey
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add the flag

#!/bin/bash while : do ./abc.sh PB sleep 60 ./abc.sh RA sleep 60 ./abc.sh GS sleep 68400 done Instead of making the script sleep for sometime, it doesn't work all the time as time may shift over a period. How to make a script wake up every 30 seconds and check the current time, if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Rights Recursive with chmod

Hello, i want just to change Rights for a few direcories anf files, but some directories must be exclude. How can i put the command chmod as chmod -R 755 * exclude toto tata where toto and tata are directories Could you help me for that or must I use the find command Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

8. AIX

Flag issue

Hi all, We dont have access to aix source code and i have a doubt. The flag SC_NO_RESERVE, is it got to do anything with the failover? If the flag is set the paths are going to failed state. If flag is not set everything comes up fine after failover. Thanks in advance for helping ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnakul
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'h' flag in du

Hey, all! Why is the "human readable" flag changing the behavior of du? And while I'm at it, can you make du only look at files, not directories. I often find myself wanting to find the largest file(s) in a dir or vol. Using 'find' itself, it seems you have to at least be able to guess the size of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get the id with specify flag

.... means multi line ddd,bug fgdrg dfdfsdfdfsd fsdfdfdfd fdfdsfdsfsd ....... flag2 ...... aaa,bug sfsfsfsfs dfdfsdfdfsd fsdfdfdfd fdfdsfdsfsd ...... flag1 ...... ddd,bug fgdrg dfdfsdfdfsd (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-CHMOD(1p) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   ECACCESS-FILE-CHMOD(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-chmod - Change ECaccess File Mode Bits SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-chmod -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-chmod [-debug] mode ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow changing the ECaccess File Mode Bits of the given ecaccess-file according to mode, which is an octal number representing the bit pattern for the new mode bits. The ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
mode Octal number representing the bit pattern for the new mode bits (e.g. 0600). ecaccess-file The name of the ECaccess File to change the File Mode Bits. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-chmod 0700 ec:bin/a.out Change the File Mode Bits to Read and Write for owner and Read for everybody else on a File in the bin directory of the ECFS directory of the authenticated user. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-CHMOD(1p)