Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with patch bundle installation on Solairs 10 Post 302337465 by bullz26 on Friday 24th of July 2009 07:53:01 AM
Old 07-24-2009
package version differs for many of the packages...!

Hello all,

For sample, see the below log for patch 120011-14

Patchadd is terminating.
[66/258] Installing 120011-14 ...
Validating patches...

Loading patches installed on the system...

Version of package SUNWcpc from directory SUNWcpc.v in patch 120011-14 differs from the package installed on the system.
Version of package SUNWkvm from directory SUNWkvm.us in patch 120011-14 differs from the package installed on the system.
Version of package SUNWcar from directory SUNWcar.us in patch 120011-14 differs from the package installed on the system.
Version of package SUNWcakr from directory SUNWcakr.v in patch 120011-14 differs from the package installed on the system.
Version of package SUNWkvm from directory SUNWkvm.v in patch 120011-14 differs from the package installed on the system.
Version of package SUNWcakr from directory SUNWcakr.us in patch 120011-14 differs from the package installed on the system.
Version of package SUNWcar from directory SUNWcar.v in patch 120011-14 differs from the package installed on the system.
Version of package SUNWcpc from directory SUNWcpc.us in patch 120011-14 differs from the package installed on the system.

wen i verifed, the pkg version is differs from patch bundle and installed packages.

example below

pkginfo -l SUNWcpc
PKGINST: SUNWcpc
NAME: CPU Performance Counter driver
CATEGORY: system
ARCH: sparc.sun4u
VERSION: 11.10.0,REV=2005.01.21.15.53
BASEDIR: /
VENDOR: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
DESC: Kernel support for CPU Performance Counters
PSTAMP: gaget20050121155930
INSTDATE: Mar 17 2006 02:03
HOTLINE: Please contact your local service provider
FILES: 10 installed pathnames
5 shared pathnames
1 linked files
7 directories
1 executables
42 blocks used (approx)

#more pkgingo

PKG=SUNWcpc
NAME=CPU Performance Counter driver
ARCH=sparc.sun4v
VERSION=11.10.0,REV=2005.07.25.02.27

Could some one tell what REV is?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Patch Installation

I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my 11.00. I am a novice at this so bear with me. I do not understand how to install depots. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches: PHSS_21950, QPK_11.00.64 I go to:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFA
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Patch Installation Problem

HI: Thanks for your help Im follow the steps describe on the link http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90772/ch06s01.html and have a diffetrent types of error messages and warning messages describes below: on the step two sh: PH* not found on step three *session started for user "root@test"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFA
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

installation of many patches / bundle

Hi, I need to install these 7 patches on my server: and the below are the 5 dependency to install these patches 1. PHNE_31097; 1(a). PHCO_33205 (dependency) b(a). PHCO_30398 (dependency) 2. PHSS_32508; 3. PHSS_32509; 4. PHSS_32510; 5. PHSS_30970; 6. PHSS_32731; 6(a). PHNE_28810... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipsinghal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solairs installation

We have purchased one solaris 10 DVD to install solaris on sparc(already it has solaris 9 OS) system.In our sparc system having cd-rw.Aparting that we are having windows xp system which is having dvd-rw.Both sparc and windows xp are connected network in that we are sharing the files from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Patch installation

Can any one let me know the complete steps to install patch on a production server like Sun Fire V440. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
7 Replies

6. Solaris

OS Patch Installation

Hello, I'm very new to this forum and solaris - I have solaris 5.10 installed on my machine (x86) and when I did a prerequisite check for Oracle Database 11g R2, it was showing the following patches are missing - OS Patch:137104-02 OS Patch:120754-06 OS Patch:119961-05 OS Patch:119964-14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsreedharan
3 Replies

7. Linux

Patch Installation

Am new to Linux and this forum From where can I download sysstatx86_64 and numactl-devel patches ? Thanks! :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsreedharan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Recommended patchset for Solaris and the patch bundle

Hello I recently downloaded and installed the latest patchset for Solaris 10 (update 5) running on SPARC. Actually I am new to Solaris (I come from Red Hat) and the security department asked me to update the system for security fixes. I logged in to Oracle support and used the recommended patch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)