Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file extensions in a directory structure Post 302337368 by ryandegreat25 on Friday 24th of July 2009 03:06:58 AM
Old 07-24-2009
try..
Code:
find . -type f | awk -F. '{print $NF}' > file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

suggestion about file directory structure needed

Hello: I have a large amout of image files that will be stored in Solaris machine. I read some posts here, but still not sure what to do, please advise. Thanks. The question is: shoudl i put all these files in as many level of directories, or put in 2-3 level directories? i.e.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfs0804
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file.

Hi How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file. I have file in that following lines are written. ./activemq-4.1.2/activemq-core-4.1.2.jar ./activemq-4.1.2/backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar ./camel-1.4.0/apache-camel-1.4.0.jar ./camel-1.4.0/lib/activation-1.1.jar... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for a writing the directory structure to a file

Hi All, I am new user of shell scripting has come up with a problem. that I have a directory structure like : Home | |--------A | |----trunk | |-------A_0_1/ | | | |-------A_0_2/ | |--------B | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding file in a directory structure + move

Hi All, im a new guy if it comes to Unix. I am trying to auto categorize Nzbget downloads the most basic way. I already manage to find files within the directory i'm at and move them with if check to a certain dir. Unfortunately this command is restricted to the directory i'm at and does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoxXxoR
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Watch directory and move specific file extensions

Hi all, This is actually more for my lazyness then anything else, but I think others might find it useful to use as well. Basically this is what I am trying to achieve... In my ubuntu home dir under Downloads is where firefox saves everything by default, now I know that you can manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: STOIE
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename last directory in a file structure

I have to write a script to rename the every last sub-directory in a directory structure if the last sub-directory name doesn't contain "submitted". eg: given directory path:/u01/home/somedir somedir can have many subdirectories and each subdirectory inturn has many subdirectories. somedir... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List directory name (only once) after multiple file extensions found

Here is a simplified example of my problem. Say I have the following 3 sub-directories; ./folder1 A.txt A.sh ./folder2 B.txt ./folder3 C.txt C.sh I would like to list the directory names which contain both '.txt' & '.sh' type extensions. I have came up with the following code;... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmab
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory structure & file permisson comparison

Hi - I want to compare permissions of the directory structure and files beneath it with permissions one week back on same directory structure and files beneath it. if any changes to permissions of any file or directory permissions send an email. I am not sure how to list the permissions of all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a flat file and directory structure

Hi All, is there any work around to generate the file and directory structure like below at left side at Output? and exclude all file except .abc .txt Current Directory structure |-------------files |---------------Share |-----------------dir1 |-----------------dir2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: heros
11 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)