Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Xserver connect and run CDE session from Windows PC Post 302337131 by fpmurphy on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 12:44:50 PM
Old 07-23-2009
For those who might be reading this post but are not on Tru64 UNIX. If you have iptables installed on your server (which Tru64 UNIX does not) you also need to open these ports on your server. A quick check to see if iptables is the problem is to do a flush ( iptables - F).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE login vs. X-windows

Hi, I'm new to the whole X-windows environment. Need help please.. Believe it or not- I have a licensed "Reflection". I use the XDMCP host, and I can see 4 servers there. 2 of the servers are aix servers: one is ver 4.3, the other one is ver 5. When I open a session to the aix4.3 a large... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
2 Replies

2. AIX

No Keyboard in CDE session

Hi, AIX 5.3 , no Graphical adapter no Keyboard..... I set up CDE to start without graphical boot, dtlogin process is running, when start a xserver from Cygwin to access this box. I can't login, because I have no Keyboard. The Mouse works fine, but when I try to type in the username or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hookerxy
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

/usr/openwin/bin/xinit: unable to connect to Xserver

Hi Gents, I have downloaded Sol 8 2/04 from Sun's web page and I have tried to install it into a V890. I can boot from a CD 1of 2 without any problem. After the selection of the language and the Locale, the TWM (Sol Install Console window) cannot starts up. The following are the errors... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmakhol
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How do I establish a remote CDE or JDS session on Solaris 10?

As stated above in the title "How do I establish a remote CDE or JDS session on Solaris 10?" What I would like to do is be able to login to and use the machine remotely using either the CDE or JDS, preferably with out having to use a VNC, and be able to use the pretty GUI, instead of exclusively... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultra0384
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help needed to connect to windows from unix and run .bat file

Hi Can anyone tell if it is possible to connect from Unix to t a remote windows environment and run a .bat script. Do SSH/SFTP... serve my purpose..if s how.... if not which commands or scripts will help with my requiremnt. points on this are greatly honoured. Thanks in advance. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Can not login to CDE -- only Fail Safe Session permitted

Hi, I am a hobbyist with a very old machine I have been trying to get up and running. I have an HP 9000/C240 with 1G of RAM and 3-8.5G HD. It is configured with 1G SWAP/DUMP. Currently only one drive is in use via LVM. I have not gotten around to creating more volumes just yet. It is running... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_
11 Replies

7. Solaris

How to open and arrange terminal windows automatically under CDE?

Hi, Is there a way to open and arrange terminal windows automatically under CDE? For example, I want to open and arrange terminal windows like this: |------------| | TW TW TW | | TW TW TW | | TW TW TW | |------------| Thank you in advanced! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Start SAM in TUI from CDE session

how can i start sam in TUI mode from a CDE session. i'm using hp-ux 11iv3 i tried to start SAM from a terminal from CDE session but each time i try to start it System Managment Homepage starts , so i telneted to server from a pc to start sam in TUI mode is there any other way to set my SAM to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Connect to a terminalserver farm with session broker

Hello... I've got a problem accessing the Solaris OS using rdesktop on a terminalserver farm with TS Session Broker and W2K8R2 with NLB. I get the following error message: user@xxx /h/user/Desktop 150 > rdesktop terminalserver WARNING: Remote desktop does not support colour depth 24;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrischi1978
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies
dxhanziim(1X)															     dxhanziim(1X)

NAME
dxhanziim - An input server for Simplified Chinese DESCRIPTION
In a Motif environment such as CDE, Asian language input methods are supported by independent processes called input servers. The Simpli- fied Chinese input server (dxhanziim) is an X client process that can run on a standard X server, provided that the server system has the required Simplified Chinese fonts installed. This means that the input server can run on any system that can access your X display device, including the device itself. Starting the Input Server If your CDE session language is set to Simplified Chinese, the Simplified Chinese input server is started automatically, and both the lan- guage setting and the Simplified Chinese input method is available for applications that you start during that session. If your session language is not set to Simplified Chinese, you can switch to Simplified Chinese from a terminal emulation window by setting the LANG envi- ronment variable to a Simplified Chinese locale. From the same terminal emulation window, you must also use the command line to start the Simplified Chinese input method server and then other applications in which you want to use Simplified Chinese. You can start the input server on your local workstation by using the following command: % /usr/bin/X11/dxhanziim & If you want to start the input server on a remote system, log on the remote system, and enter the following commands. Substitute the name of your local system for <display_name> in the first command. % setenv DISPLAY <display_name>:0 % /usr/bin/X11/dxhanziim & After the input server is started, any Motif applications that have been internationalized to support Simplified Chinese can communicate with the server to obtain input method services. However, remember that these applications must be started after the server is started. RESTRICTIONS
This input server uses X11R6. It can connect to input-method clients running X11R4, X11R5, or X11R6 under the same locale. However, support for multiple monitors (multi-head systems) is available only to clients also running X11R6. Support for multiple monitors is not available to input-method clients using X11R5 or X11R4. If you are using a PC-style keyboard, the input server may not recognize the Backspace key as the way to delete the previous character in the input method preediting area. In this case, you must use the Delete key to delete the character. The default Alt-Space key sequence for activating and deactivating the input method may not work under CDE. In this case, invoke the dialog box for Input Method Customization and change the key sequence for Start Input Method and End Input Method to be something other than Alt- Space. For example, you could change the sequence to be Ctrl-Space. SEE ALSO
Commands: dxhangulim(1X), dxhanyuim(1X), dxjim(1X), locale(1) Others: Chinese(5), i18n_intro(5), l10n_intro(5) dxhanziim(1X)