Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting segregate the file based on matching patterns Post 302337110 by danmero on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 11:39:48 AM
Old 07-23-2009
Code:
awk '/go/{f=0}/^[Cc]reate/{file=$NF".txt";f=1}f{print >> file}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on two patterns

Hi there, I've an input file as follows: *START 1001 a1 1002 a2 1003 a3 1004 a4 *END *START 1001 b1 1002 b2 1004 b4 *END *START 1001 c1 1004 c4 *END (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbirde
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to format file based on specific patterns

Please help me out and drag me out the deadlock I am stuck into: I have a file. I want the statements under a if...then condition be listed in a separate file in the manner condition|statement.Following are the different input pattern and corresponding output parameters.any generic code to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching patterns

I have a file name in $f. If $f has "-" at the beginning, or "=", or does not have extension ".ry" or ".xt" or ".dat" then cerr would not be empty. Tried the following but having some problems. set cerr = `echo $f | awk '/^-|=|!.ry|!.xt|!.dat/'` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and extract matching patterns

%%%%% (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value of column based on file name matching

At the top of the XYZ file, I need to insert the ABC data value of column 2 only when ABC column 1 matches the prefix XYZ file name (not the ".txt"). Is there an awk solution for this? ABC Data 0101 0.54 0102 0.48 0103 1.63 XYZ File Name 0101.txt 0102.txt 0103.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File merging based on column patterns

Hello :) I am in this situation: Input: two tab-delimited files, `File1` and `File2`. `File2` (`$2`) has to be parsed by patterns found in `File1` (`$1`). Expected output: tab-delimited file, `File3`. `File3` has to contain the same rows as `File2`, plus the corresponding value in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovah
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segregate files based on the time they are created

Hi All, I have scenario where I need to zip huge number of DB audit log files newer than 90 days and delete anything older than that. If the files are too huge in number,zipping will take long time and causing CPU spikes. To avoid this I wanted to segregate files based on how old they are and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with tag value extraction from xml file based on a matching condition

Hi , I have a situation where I need to search an xml file for the presence of a tag <FollowOnFrom> and also , presence of partial part of the following tag <ContractRequest _LoadId and if these 2 exist ,then extract the value from the following tag <_LocalId> which is "CW2094139". There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete patterns matching

Delete patterns matching OS version: RHEL 7.3 Shell : Bash I have a file like below (pattern.txt). I need to delete all lines starting with the following words (words separated by comma below) and ) character. LOGGING, NOCOMPRESS, TABLESPACE , PCTFREE, INITRANS, MAXTRANS, STORAGE,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to segregate a section from big file?

Hello, I need to know all IP range (ip_prefix), associated with us-west-2 region only from this link - https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json (it can be opened in wordpad for better visibility) Please suggest, how would I do it. If vi, awk or sed is needed, I have downloaded it on my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)