Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: exec Remote server?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting exec Remote server? Post 302337082 by imager on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 10:20:38 AM
Old 07-23-2009
exec Remote server?

I use this code to remove old backupfiles on the local system.

exec('/usr/bin/sudo find /backup/daily-con* -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \;')

I would also like to run this command on a remote system that is on the same network. (192.168.1.50)

My question is can this be done and if so how.

Thank you for your time.

William

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Remote Exec

Dears we have an application that try to excute commands via using a (rexec.dll) to connect to an AIX box and running commnds but when we try to do that then the connection will be rejected by the AIX box, are there any pre-configurations or settings that must be done in order to gain the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh and remote command exec `uname -r`

Hi guys, I am trying to do a ssh for performing a set of actions. Find it below: I need to put the user/ kernel/ DISTRO variables before I complete this operation. what I observed is when ever I put a `command` in those quotes, it performs thta action in local system rather than remote one.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbmukund
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote execution of find -exec

Hi folks I am working on a script which lists files of a specific pattern on a remote m/c and tar&zip them to another remote m/c via a centralized server. M/C details: remote1 - OSF1 vayu V5.1 2650 alpha remote2 - cygwin based windows server central - SunOS phys-chenab 5.8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalbull
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

5. Programming

SFTP from one remote server to another remote server from desktop

Hi, I have 1. lappy 2. server A 3. server B Now, what i need is to run a command from lappy that will sftp a file from server A to server B. Please guide me to achieve this. -akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
DH-EXEC(1)							      dh-exec								DH-EXEC(1)

NAME
dh-exec - Debhelper executable file helpers SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ etc/example.conf => debian/foo/etc/foo/foo.conf DESCRIPTION
dh-exec is a simple program, meant to be used as the interpreter for executable debhelper config files. It is a wrapper around the various other sub-commands (see below), and will pipe the input file through all of them in turn, using an ordering that makes most sense in the vast majority of cases. The order as of now is dh-exec-subst gets run first, followed by dh-exec-install, so that variable expansion happens before files need to be copied. ARCHITECTURE
dh-exec is built up from three layers: there is the dh-exec utility, its single entry point, the only thing one will need to call. Below that, there are the various sub-commands, such as dh-exec-subst, dh-exec-installs and dh-exec-illiterate, which are thin wrappers around the various dh-exec scripts, that make sure they only run those that need to be run. And the lowest layer are the various scripts that do the actual work. One can control which sub-commands to run, or if even more granularity is desired, one can limit which scripts shall be run, too. See below for the options! OPTIONS
--with=command[,command ...] Replace the list of sub-commands to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly set which sub-commands to use. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. Defaults to subst,install. --without=command[,command ...] Inversely to the option above, this lists all the sub-commands which should not be used. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. --with-scripts=script[,script ...] Replace the list of scripts to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly specify which scripts to use, limiting even beyond what the --with option is capable of. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. By default it is empty, meaning there is no filtering done, and whatever scripts the sub-commands find, will be run. --no-act Do not really do anything, but print the pipeline that would have been run instead. --list List the available sub-commands and scripts, grouped by sub-command. --help, --version Display a short help or the package version, respectively. SUB-COMMANDS dh-exec-subst Substitutes various variables (either from the environment, or from dpkg-architecture(1)). dh-exec-install An extension to dh_install(1), that supports renaming files during the copy process, using a special syntax. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_LIBDIR The directory in which the wrapped sub-commands reside. Defaults to /usr/lib/dh-exec/. DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR The directory in which the scripts that do the heavy work live. Defaults to /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_LIBDIR/dh-exec-* The various sub-commands. $DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-* The various scripts ran by the sub-commands. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec-subst(1), dh-exec-install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC(1)