Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print the entire line if second field has value P Post 302337058 by ppat7046 on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 09:44:35 AM
Old 07-23-2009
Thank you for your help and quick reply.

For multiple field is this the right syntax?

awk -F'|' '$2=="P", $4=="XYZ4"' infile > outfile

Thanks,
Prashant

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print field n of line m

Hi everyone, I have a basic csh/awk question. How do I print a given field from a given line in a given file? Thanks in advance! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk+Grep Input file needs to match a column and print the entire line

I'm having problems since few days ago, and i'm not able to make it works with a simple awk+grep script (or other way to do this). For example, i have a input file1.txt: cat inputfile1.txt 218299910417 1172051195 1172070231 1172073514 1183135117 1183135118 1183135119 1281440202 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poliver
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print entire line after if lookup

I hope this is a basic question. I have a file with a bunch of strings in each line (and the string number is variable). What I want to do is a simple if command and then print the entire line. something like awk '{if ($3=="yes") print $1,$2,$3,...$X }' infile > outfile Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print entire line based on value in a column

Friends, File1.txt abc|0|xyz 123|129|opq def|0|678 890|pqw|sdf How do I print the entire line where second column has value is 0? Expected Result: abc|0|xyz def|0|678 Thanks, Prashant ---------- Post updated at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:06 PM ---------- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match pattern in a field, print pattern only instead of the entire field

Hi ! I have a tab-delimited file, file.tab: Column1 Column2 Column3 aaaaaaaaaa bbtomatoesbbbbbb cccccccccc ddddddddd eeeeappleseeeeeeeee ffffffffffffff ggggggggg hhhhhhtomatoeshhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only matched string instead of entire line

Hi, I have a file whose lines are something like Tchampionspsq^@~^@^^^A^@^@^@^A^A^Aÿð^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^@^?ð^@^@^@^@^@^@^@?ð^@^@^@^@^@^@pppsq^@~^@#@^@^@^@^@^@^Hw^H^@^@^@^K^@^@^@^@xp^At^@^FTtime2psq^@ ~^@^^^A^@^@^@^B^A I need to extract all words matching T*psq from the file. Thing is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print entire line only if certain fixed character matches the string

Hi All, I have a file testarun.txt contains the below lines and i want to print the lines if the character positions 7-8 matches 01. 201401011111 201401022222 201402013333 201402024444 201403015555 201403026666 201404017777 201404028888 201405019999 201405020000 I am trying the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the entire line if the mentioned match is found?

Hello Everyone, I have a file with 5 fields in each line just like mentioned below. Also the 4th field is time elapsed(hh:mm:ss) since the process is running xyz abc status 23:00:00 idle abc def status 24:00:00 idle def gji status 27:00:02 idle fgh gty status 00:00:00 idle Here I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file needs to match a column and print the entire line

I have a file with class c IP addresses that I need to match to a column and print the matching lines of another file. I started playing with grep -if file01.out file02.out but I am stuck as to how to match it to a column and print the matching lines; cat file01.out 10.150.140... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
5 Replies
WWW::RobotRules(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					WWW::RobotRules(3)

NAME
WWW::RobotRules - database of robots.txt-derived permissions SYNOPSIS
use WWW::RobotRules; my $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new('MOMspider/1.0'); use LWP::Simple qw(get); { my $url = "http://some.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } { my $url = "http://some.other.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } # Now we can check if a URL is valid for those servers # whose "robots.txt" files we've gotten and parsed: if($rules->allowed($url)) { $c = get $url; ... } DESCRIPTION
This module parses /robots.txt files as specified in "A Standard for Robot Exclusion", at <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html> Webmasters can use the /robots.txt file to forbid conforming robots from accessing parts of their web site. The parsed files are kept in a WWW::RobotRules object, and this object provides methods to check if access to a given URL is prohibited. The same WWW::RobotRules object can be used for one or more parsed /robots.txt files on any number of hosts. The following methods are provided: $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new($robot_name) This is the constructor for WWW::RobotRules objects. The first argument given to new() is the name of the robot. $rules->parse($robot_txt_url, $content, $fresh_until) The parse() method takes as arguments the URL that was used to retrieve the /robots.txt file, and the contents of the file. $rules->allowed($uri) Returns TRUE if this robot is allowed to retrieve this URL. $rules->agent([$name]) Get/set the agent name. NOTE: Changing the agent name will clear the robots.txt rules and expire times out of the cache. ROBOTS.TXT The format and semantics of the "/robots.txt" file are as follows (this is an edited abstract of <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html>): The file consists of one or more records separated by one or more blank lines. Each record contains lines of the form <field-name>: <value> The field name is case insensitive. Text after the '#' character on a line is ignored during parsing. This is used for comments. The following <field-names> can be used: User-Agent The value of this field is the name of the robot the record is describing access policy for. If more than one User-Agent field is present the record describes an identical access policy for more than one robot. At least one field needs to be present per record. If the value is '*', the record describes the default access policy for any robot that has not not matched any of the other records. The User-Agent fields must occur before the Disallow fields. If a record contains a User-Agent field after a Disallow field, that constitutes a malformed record. This parser will assume that a blank line should have been placed before that User-Agent field, and will break the record into two. All the fields before the User-Agent field will constitute a record, and the User-Agent field will be the first field in a new record. Disallow The value of this field specifies a partial URL that is not to be visited. This can be a full path, or a partial path; any URL that starts with this value will not be retrieved Unrecognized records are ignored. ROBOTS.TXT EXAMPLES The following example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/" or "/tmp/": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space Disallow: /tmp/ # these will soon disappear This example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/", except the robot called "cybermapper": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space # Cybermapper knows where to go. User-agent: cybermapper Disallow: This example indicates that no robots should visit this site further: # go away User-agent: * Disallow: / This is an example of a malformed robots.txt file. # robots.txt for ancientcastle.example.com # I've locked myself away. User-agent: * Disallow: / # The castle is your home now, so you can go anywhere you like. User-agent: Belle Disallow: /west-wing/ # except the west wing! # It's good to be the Prince... User-agent: Beast Disallow: This file is missing the required blank lines between records. However, the intention is clear. SEE ALSO
LWP::RobotUA, WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1995-2009, Gisle Aas Copyright 1995, Martijn Koster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-18 WWW::RobotRules(3)