Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is this possible with cronjobs? Post 302336926 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 05:48:46 AM
Old 07-23-2009
rsync will update files very efficiently, we use it in cronjobs all the time to maintain copies of large files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjobs

hi How can I add a cronjob to the crontab file? to execute a shel script named testScript.sh every day at 00:00. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamer
3 Replies

2. AIX

Cronjobs

We recently upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.3, We noticed that some cronjobs that run for our programmers did not fire off this morning. You can crontab -l and -e and see the jobs. Did AIX 5.3 change something? Thanks Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete Duplicate Cronjobs

I set up same cronjobs in two different users to generate messages at 5:30 AM Not Its generating duplicate messages. I want to delete the cron entries set up in the first user, but I am unable to view the entries in that user. I tried to find the process Id, but its not showing any id Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskworld
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting cronjobs...

Hi, We have 4 jobs to be run every month on different times - * a daily job runs once in 2 days at 3PM *a weekly runs every thursday at 3PM * a monthly runs last day of month either 30 or 31st at 3PM * 4th job runs on 3rd of every month at 3Pm How can I set the crontab for these 4 jobs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krworks
4 Replies

5. Linux

Cronjobs stopped working

Hi All, I am user of a Linux machine and I have approximatly 15 cronjobs scheduled in my crontab. Yesterday my administrator made LDAP active on my userid and all the things are doing fine after that. But all cronjobs for my user id stored in my crontab have stopped working after that. Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bisla.yogender
1 Replies

6. Solaris

cronjobs not running.

hi friends, how to check if the cronjobs is not running and how to make it run again. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjobs stopped working

Hello people, I had these cronjobs scheduled in some Unix boxes which were running fine until yesterday.But then the password was changed for that user id and then the jobs stopped working. As far as i know cron jobs run from super user. I am completely lost over here now. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up cronjobs

hello all, I have a shell script and I need to schedule it in crontab, I have the next line: 06 16 * * 1,2,3,4,5 /usr/bin/ksh /path/path/name.sh > /path/path/name.log first, I scheduled from Monday to Friday but it doesn't run, the log file is empty.. any idea why is causing this?... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geller
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cronjobs orphan processes

Our cron job stats its started on Oct20 % ps -ef | grep cron root 1442044 1 0 Oct 20 - 25:23 /usr/sbin/cron All the below jobs aixmf,aixgh are triggered from cron only. user pid ppid date time cmd gaix 1581282 1 35 16:33:01 - 20:56... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karnan
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find all Cronjobs?

Hey Guys, i've got a big issue... I've to find all running scripts in all crontabs. Is there a possibility to display all crontabs of each user? What i've already tried? The following script: for user in $(cut -f1 -d: /etc/passwd); do crontab -l $user; done I'm already root but i didn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcusg562
3 Replies
KEP_RELOAD(1)						      General Commands Manual						     KEP_RELOAD(1)

NAME
kep_reload - Update Predict's Keplerian elements SYNOPSIS
kep_reload DESCRIPTION
KEP_RELOAD is a simple utility that forces an immediate reload of PREDICT's Keplerian database through a socket connection while PREDICT is running in server mode. It is especially useful in environments where PREDICT runs continuously, and periodic Keplerian element updates are made outside of PREDICT, such as through scripts run through a crontab. The "kepupdate" script found in this directory is an example of a Keplerian element update script that can be run on an automated basis through a crontab. It is designed to be placed in your home directory under a subdirectory called "cronjobs". It downloads Keplerian orbital data from www.celestrak.com using the HTTP protocol. (The "wget" utility, available from the Free Software Foundation, is required, and is included in many Linux distrubutions.) Type crontab -e to edit your crontab. Simply add the following entry: 0 8 * * * kepupdate and your orbital database will update each morning at 8:00 AM (provided you have a network connection at that time). See the crontab man page for more information on editing your crontab. AUTHOR
This man page was written by A. Maitland Bottoms, AA4HS, for Debian GNU/Linux. 31 August 2003 KEP_RELOAD(1)