Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is this possible with cronjobs? Post 302336926 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 05:48:46 AM
Old 07-23-2009
rsync will update files very efficiently, we use it in cronjobs all the time to maintain copies of large files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjobs

hi How can I add a cronjob to the crontab file? to execute a shel script named testScript.sh every day at 00:00. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamer
3 Replies

2. AIX

Cronjobs

We recently upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.3, We noticed that some cronjobs that run for our programmers did not fire off this morning. You can crontab -l and -e and see the jobs. Did AIX 5.3 change something? Thanks Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete Duplicate Cronjobs

I set up same cronjobs in two different users to generate messages at 5:30 AM Not Its generating duplicate messages. I want to delete the cron entries set up in the first user, but I am unable to view the entries in that user. I tried to find the process Id, but its not showing any id Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskworld
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting cronjobs...

Hi, We have 4 jobs to be run every month on different times - * a daily job runs once in 2 days at 3PM *a weekly runs every thursday at 3PM * a monthly runs last day of month either 30 or 31st at 3PM * 4th job runs on 3rd of every month at 3Pm How can I set the crontab for these 4 jobs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krworks
4 Replies

5. Linux

Cronjobs stopped working

Hi All, I am user of a Linux machine and I have approximatly 15 cronjobs scheduled in my crontab. Yesterday my administrator made LDAP active on my userid and all the things are doing fine after that. But all cronjobs for my user id stored in my crontab have stopped working after that. Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bisla.yogender
1 Replies

6. Solaris

cronjobs not running.

hi friends, how to check if the cronjobs is not running and how to make it run again. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjobs stopped working

Hello people, I had these cronjobs scheduled in some Unix boxes which were running fine until yesterday.But then the password was changed for that user id and then the jobs stopped working. As far as i know cron jobs run from super user. I am completely lost over here now. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up cronjobs

hello all, I have a shell script and I need to schedule it in crontab, I have the next line: 06 16 * * 1,2,3,4,5 /usr/bin/ksh /path/path/name.sh > /path/path/name.log first, I scheduled from Monday to Friday but it doesn't run, the log file is empty.. any idea why is causing this?... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geller
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cronjobs orphan processes

Our cron job stats its started on Oct20 % ps -ef | grep cron root 1442044 1 0 Oct 20 - 25:23 /usr/sbin/cron All the below jobs aixmf,aixgh are triggered from cron only. user pid ppid date time cmd gaix 1581282 1 35 16:33:01 - 20:56... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karnan
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find all Cronjobs?

Hey Guys, i've got a big issue... I've to find all running scripts in all crontabs. Is there a possibility to display all crontabs of each user? What i've already tried? The following script: for user in $(cut -f1 -d: /etc/passwd); do crontab -l $user; done I'm already root but i didn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcusg562
3 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)