Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String manipulation for PID
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String manipulation for PID Post 302336776 by danmero on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 08:25:31 PM
Old 07-22-2009
Look for pgrep and pkill manual

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

Hello, I have a korn shell string variable str1 = "A,B,Z" I would like to create another korn shell string variable str2 = "letter = 'A' or letter = 'B' or letter = 'Z' " Please help! Thanks in advance an UNIX newbie! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hai1973
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String manipulation

I am doing some training for a job I have just got and there is an exercise I am stuck with. I am not posting to ask a question about logic, just a trivial help with string manipulation. I would appreciate if somebody could at least give me a hint on how to do it. Basically, the intelligent part... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dantastik
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation

Hi, I have the string like this ". Start : 06:53:11 - MON JUL 05, 2010" I need to print the part "06:53:11 - MON JUL 05, 2010" How i can do this? Thanks, Lenova (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lenova2010
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

if I have two string variable, how do I add one to anther. like a= "a" b="b" c=$a+$b but that doesn't work. Is there anyway to solve it.http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.google.com/favicon.icohttp://www.babylon.com/favicon.icohttp://www.morfix.com/favicon.ico (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Manipulation

Hi, I have a file in the following format 123|shanwer|15DEC2010|bgbh|okok|16JAN3000|okok| I want the following to be in following format 123|shanwer|12\15\2010|bgbh|okok|01\16\3000|okok| SED/PERL/AWK Gurus could you please help me with this? Thanks Shankar (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shan2210
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Manipulation

Write a shell program to display the position of the right - most character in a given input string. Example : Input : RAHUL Output : L is in the 5th position also tell me how to count length of string and how to find the position of specific character in left most side. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashwat2691
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

String Manipulation

Write a shell program to display the position of the right - most character in a given input string. Example : Input : RAHUL Output : L is in the 5th position also tell me how to count length of string and how to find the position of specific character in left most side. Homework... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashwat2691
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

Hi, I have the followoing details in one file: opt/tra/domain/test/new/filename1 training/ear/help I need to manipulate the string in the following manner: filename1= opt/tra/domain/test/new/filename1 help=training/ear/help last string is the name and equal sign and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting part of a string : string manipulation

i have something like this... echo "teCertificateId" | awk -F'Id' '{ print $1 }' | awk -F'te' '{ print $2 }' Certifica the awk should remove 'te' only if it is present at the start of the string.. anywhere else it should ignore it. expected output is Certificate (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation

Hi , I am getting a string like aaa,bbb,sdsdad,sdfsdf,sdfsdfdsf,rtyrtyr,45654654,ddfdfdfgdfg,dfgdfgdg........... Now what I need is to format it. So after each nth comma I need one newline. So the above will look like when n=3 aaa,bbb,sdsdad, sdfsdf,sdfsdfdsf,rtyrtyr,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
4 Replies
HOTSWAPRC(5)							File Formats Manual						      HOTSWAPRC(5)

NAME
hotswaprc - configuration file for hotswap DESCRIPTION
/etc/hotswaprc is the global configuration file for the hotswap utility. It allows system administrators to specify arbitrary shell scripts to be run after a device is inserted, as well as before and after it is removed. Scripts are selected according to the model name retrieved from the device. This is particularly helpful for automatic configura- tion of CD-RW drives, which require SCSI emulation and bypass normal access via the IDE subsystem. hotswaprc is implemented as an Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) application. XML documents are structured using elements of the form <tag-name> content <tag-name>. A Document Type Definition (DTD) describes the possible content of each element. Please refer to the XML specification for more information. The hotswap distribution also contains an example file, doc/hotswaprc.example, which includes the DTD for the configuration file format. ELEMENTS
<hotswap> This is the root element of the document. Each valid hotswaprc must contain exactly one <hotswap> element. The <hotswap> element may contain an arbitrary number of <device> elements. <device> The configuration file contains one <device> element for every device for which scripts are defined. The <device> element is com- posed of the following elements in this order: <name>, <post-insert>, <pre-remove>, <post-remove>. All but <name> are optional. <name> The content of this element is the model identification string of the IDE device the current <device> element refers to. <post-insert> Contains the shell script that is to be executed after the device has been inserted and registered with the kernel. <pre-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run before hotswap attempts to unregister the device. <post-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run after the device had been unregistered. REPORT BUGS
Report bugs to t.stadelmann1@physics.ox.ac.uk. AUTHOR
Written by Tim Stadelmann. SEE ALSO
hotswap(1), xhotswap(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Tim Stadelmann. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 26th November 2002 HOTSWAPRC(5)