Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting up local DNS Server
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up local DNS Server Post 302336748 by skamal4u on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 05:44:43 PM
Old 07-22-2009
Setting up local DNS Server

Hi ,

Could some one please share some docs or steps to set up solaris box as a local DNS .

Thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Up Dns Server In Bsd

I just learning BSD So how would you go about setting up a DNS server please explain like A,B,C I am a new very new UNIX users so any help would be great thanks :( :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BSD_NEWUSER
1 Replies

2. Linux

setting primary dns

Hi, I am running Fedora 7. I seem to remember there being a command to determine the primary dns. Can anyone help me find out what it is? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve all DNS zones (domains) from local server

Hello, I am trying to retrieve all DNS zones from the local bind server without parsing the /var/named folder, removing .db from the zone file names and the special zones files. I am looking for some kind of named, dig etc command that would retrieve all domains from the server eventually with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyB78
2 Replies

5. Linux

Configuring dns in local domain

Hi everybody, for revolving local host name of my network, I set up an dns server to solve my problem, but til now, nothing happen when I ping a hostname, but work on IP. Can you help me to correct the configuration. Here is all my settings: Voici mes fichiers de configuration: -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beloge2002
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

7. Linux

Setting up slave DNS?

can someone point me in the right direction im trying to setup a Slave dns server this is my named.conf file zone "website1.org" { type slave; file"mydb-for-website1-org"; notify NO; };and this is my var/named/mydb-for-website1-org $TTL 3D @ IN SOA ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gangsta
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me setting up dns and understanding it.

Hi I need to set up a dns server for Oracle 11g rac setup. I got some files (copied from friend) named.conf and related files in /var/named , i was told that this would work fine. But i am getting some issues. I am attaching the files here. The problem is dig... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurk
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Local DNS

I am trying to install a replacement mail server. On the old machine, nslookup example.com returns 192.168.100.5 instead of its real ip of 207.139...... On the new machine, which I have presumably set up the same way; I compared the data in the gui dnsconfig on both machines, I get an error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)