Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Squeezing multiple commands in one liner Post 302336607 by subhotech on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 12:20:38 PM
Old 07-22-2009
Thanks !! Guys ...
but ls -l | tr [a-z] [A-Z] is not yielding any results

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine multiple finds into 1-liner

How to combine 3 find statements into 1-liner? find statements: cd ${dir1} ; find . ! -name . -prune -type f | xargs file | grep -i ascii | cut -f1 -d: | xargs grep -l "${searchtxt}" cd ${dir2} ; find . ! -name . -prune -type f | xargs file | grep -i ascii | cut -f1 -d: | xargs grep -l... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops

Hi SSHers, I have embedded this below code in my shell script.. /usr/bin/ssh -t $USER@$SERVER1 /usr/bin/ssh $USER2@S$SERVER2 echo uptime:`/opt/OV/bin/snmpget -r 0 -t 60 $nodeName system.3.0 | cut -d: -f3-5` SSH to both these servers are public-key authenticated, so things run... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple-line search and replace one-liner

Hi I am trying to search and replace a multi line pattern in a php file using awk. The pattern starts with <div id="navbar"> and ends with </div> and spans over an unknown number of lines. I need the command to be a one liner. I use the "record separator" like this : awk -v... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Multiple search patterns & print in an one liner

I would like to print result of multiple search pattern invoked from an one liner. The code looks like this but won't work gawk -F '{{if ($0 ~ /pattern1/) pat1=$1 && if ($0 ~ /pattern2/) pat2=$2} ; print pat1, pat2}' Can anybody help getting the right code? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming multiple files using sed or awk one liner

hi, I have a directory "test" under which there are 3 files a.txt,b.txt and c.txt. I need to rename those files to a.pl,b.pl and c.pl respectively. is it possible to achieve this in a sed or awk one liner? i have searched but many of them are scripts. I need to do this in a one liner. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I do one liner import multiple custom .pm files in my perl script?

I am new for Perl I want to ask one question. I have around 50 custom packages which i am using in my Perl script. I want to import all .pm packages in my Perl script in an easy way. Right now i have to import each package individually. So Is there any way to do so?? Right Now i am doing like: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum number of sed squeezing

Hi all, What is the maximum number of sed squeezing in one shell?? I've surprised with this message when I squeezed 50 sed in the same shell: 253: Identifier too long - maximum length is 18.This is what I've did in my sed query | sed -e "s/ 0 /Default /" | sed -e "s/ 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass Multiple Commands and Open Multiple Xterms via PSS

Hello, I'm attempting to open multiple xterms and run a command as an SAP user via sudo using PSSH. So far, I'm able to run PSSH to a file of servers with no check for keys, open every xterm in to the servers in the file list, and SUDO to the SAP(ADM) user, but it won't do anything else... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: icemanj
11 Replies
Net::DNS::RR::AAAA(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::RR::AAAA(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::RR::AAAA - DNS AAAA resource record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS; $rr = new Net::DNS::RR('name IN AAAA address'); $rr = new Net::DNS::RR( name => 'example.com', type => 'AAAA', address => '2001:DB8::8:800:200C:417A' ); DESCRIPTION
Class for DNS IPv6 Address (AAAA) resource records. METHODS
The available methods are those inherited from the base class augmented by the type-specific methods defined in this package. Use of undocumented package features or direct access to internal data structures is discouraged and could result in program termination or other unpredictable behaviour. address $IPv6_address = $rr->address; Returns the text representation of the IPv6 address. address_long $IPv6_address = $rr->address_long; Returns the text representation specified in RFC3513, 2.2fIs0(1). address_short $IPv6_address = $rr->address_short; Returns the textual form of address recommended by RFC5952. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-1998 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2012 Dick Franks. Package template (c)2009,2012 O.M.Kolkman and R.W.Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::RR, RFC3596, RFC3513, RFC5952 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::RR::AAAA(3)