Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Grace installation Ubuntu 8.10 - Motif error Post 302336540 by apprentice on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 10:12:37 AM
Old 07-22-2009
Grace installation Ubuntu 8.10 - Motif error

Hi,

I am trying to install Grace version 5.1.22.
The configuration script gives the error below:

checking for a Motif >= 1002 compatible API... no
configure: error: M*tif has not been found

I had lesstif2 and lesstif2-dev installed when I first encountered the error. I installed libmotif3 and libmotif3-dev, but still getting the same error.

Any ideas? How can I sort this out?

Many thanks...

apprentice

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris installation with Ubuntu and XP there..

Hi, i have for this moment Ubuntu 8.04 and XP SP2 and of course the grub loader for starting them. I donwloaded Solaris 10.5 and intend to install it but i want to know if it will rewrite the grub loader i use now (and if, it will detect all OS?) or just append the new Solaris - any case would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cosmin B
11 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Sybase Installation on Ubuntu

Hi, Can any one please suggest me which version of Sybase 15.x I need to dowload for installing on my laptop(Dell Inspiron 1525) having Ubuntu8.1? Thanks & Regards, Siba Sankar Nayak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Globus 5.0.0 installation error in ubuntu 9.1

I am installing globus toolkit 5 on ubuntu, i am getting error regarding openssl build. Unable to build Openssl. I am giving the whole installer.log file below. globus@naveen-laptop:~/gt4.0.6-all-source-installer$ make | tee istaller.log /usr/local/globus//sbin/gpt-build ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveencse
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Motif 2.1 migration from Motif 1.2

An application was getting built using Motif 1.2 that used come along Solaris 6 OS for compiling and linking. Application is run using Motif 2.1 on Solaris 10 and it is working fine. Application compilation and linking is working fine on Solaris 10 with Motif 2.1.0 but running the application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Ubuntu server 12.04 installation

hello, i have been try installing Ubuntu server 12.04 and receiving a message: no network interface card detected. can someone help me to locate where my interface card is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naghazky
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation problem in Ubuntu

ins this a common problem , whenever i try installing a new package or software i usually get this failure msg: Setting up dsc-statistics-collector (201203250530-1) ... Adding system user Warning: The home dir /home/Debian-dsc-statistics you specified already exists. The system user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toshanshu
3 Replies

7. Web Development

PHP installation on Ubuntu 12.04

Dear all I am new to php, I have already running tomcat web server on port 80, following are the details of tomcat /usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat whether it is possible to install and configure php without using sudo apt-get install php5 ??? please someone guide me to start php (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Problems with Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bugs in my new Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Fatal error: 'Xm/Xm.h' file not found , motif installed

Hello, i have installed open-motif -2.3.8_1 X11 Toolkit on freebsd32bit machine. wanna compile a little script. script is ok. already compiled on other machine (linux) the message is as follows cc -o button button.c -lXm -lXt -lX11 button.c:3:10: fatal error: 'Xm/Xm.h' file not found... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
5 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)