Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers replace Post 302336488 by tjmannonline on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 09:00:22 AM
Old 07-22-2009
thank you. both worked.

sorry, i did not mention mult. outputs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace ??

Hi all, I have a file with the following data. E01011U, ,E11, , , ,0 E03012U, ,E14, , , ,0 E02013U, ,E25, , , ,0 I want to change it to ('E01-01-1-U','E11' ); ('E03-01-2-U','E14' ); ('E02-01-3-U','E25' ); Please let me know about it .Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace into Vi

Ravi . Pawan 19.23 sanjeeva . I want to replace '.' into 'NULL' not the dot between 19.23 .. only single dots to NULL how to do replacement after opening file in Vi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace last / by |

Hi: I want to write a Kshell script which will replace last / by |. eg: /home/apps/test/document should be replaced as /home/apps/test|document. The length of the string is not constant. Thanks, Ash (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naikaa
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace

hi i have input file in this format E102|0|1-23-1994|0|12-5-1994|E003|A|10450|charan,devupalli|5000 how to convert this into outfile E102,0,1-23-1994,0,12-5-1994,E003,A,10450,charan,devupalli,5000 i wann the output in excel sheet.........that is why i am converting into csv.. but i have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Help

Hi, djfksdjk)))) kmmm jfdfjk)))) I want to replace the first ')' after kmmm with #. The output would be djfksdjk)))) exists jfdfjk#))) Can anyone help on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace

Here is my file content age=12 age=34 age=54 age=23 Hello world. This is the age result I am getting. To day date is 23-02-2010. From the above content I have to replace all the values after 'age=*' to age=24. How to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brahma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace dashes positions 351-357 & 024-043 with 0 & replace " " if exis with 04 at position 381-382

I need to replace dashes (i.e. -) if present from positions 351-357 with zero (i.e. 0), I also need to replace dash (i.e “-“) if present between position 024-043 with zero (i.e. 0) & I replace " " (i.e. 2 space characters) if present at position 381-382 with "04". Total length of record is 413.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract a column, replace one of the header and replace year(from ddmmyy to yyyy)

I have a csv which has lot of columns . I was looking for an awk script which would extract a column twice. for the first occurance the header and data needs to be intact but for the second occurance i want to replace the header name since it a duplicate and extract year value which is in ddmmyy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
10 Replies
mp(3)							     Library Functions Manual							     mp(3)

NAME
madd, msub, mult, mdiv, gcd, invert, rpow, msqrt, mcmp, min, omin, fmin, m_in, mout, omout, fmout, m_out, sdiv, itom - Performs multiple precision integer arithmetic LIBRARY
Object Code Library (libmp.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <mp.h> #include <stdio.h> typedef struct mint { int len; short *val; } MINT; madd( MINT *a, MINT *b, MINT *c ); msub( MINT *a, MINT *b, MINT *c ); mult( MINT *a, MINT *b, MINT *c ); mdiv( MINT *a, MINT *b, MINT *q, MINT *r ); pow( MINT *a, MINT *b, MINT *m, MINT *c ); gcd( MINT *a, MINT *b, MINT *c ); invert( MINT *a, MINT *b, MINT *c ); rpow( MINT *a, int n, MINT *c ); msqrt( MINT *a, MINT *b, MINT *r ); mcmp( MINT *a, MINT *b ); move( MINT *a, MINT *b ); min( MINT *a ); omin( MINT *a ); fmin( MINT *a, FILE *f ); m_in( MINT *a, int n, FILE *f ); mout( MINT *a ); omout( MINT *a ); fmout( MINT *a, FILE *f ); m_out( MINT *a, int n, FILE *f ); sdiv( MINT *a, short n, MINT *q, short *r ); *itom( short n ); DESCRIPTION
These functions perform arithmetic on integers of arbitrary length. The integers are stored using the defined type MINT. Pointers to a MINT can be initialized using the itom() function, which sets the initial value to n. After that, space is managed automatically by the routines. The madd(), msub() , and mult() functions assign to c the sum, difference, and product, respectively, of a and b. The mdiv() function assigns to q and r the quotient and remainder obtained from dividing a by b. The sdiv() function is like the mdiv() function except that the divisor is a short integer n and the remainder is placed in a short integer whose address is given as r. The msqrt() function produces the integer square root of a in b and places the remainder in r. The rpow() function calculates in c the value of a raised to the (``regular'' integral) power n, while the pow() function calculates this with a full multiple precision exponent b and the result is reduced modulo m. The gcd() function returns the greatest common denominator of a and b in c, and the invert() function computes c such that a*c mod b = 1, for a and b relatively prime. The mcmp() function returns a negative, zero, or positive integer value when a is less than, equal to, or greater than b, respectively. The move() function copies a to b. The min() and mout() functions do decimal input and output while the omin() and omout() functions do octal input and output. More gener- ally, the fmin() and fmout() functions do decimal input and output using file f, and m_in() and m_out do input and output with arbitrary radix n. On input, records should have the form of strings of digits terminated by a newline; output records have a similar form. NOTES
Programs which use the multiple-precision arithmetic library must be compiled with -lmp. delim off mp(3)