Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting command to know files modified morethan 30 min Post 302336469 by lathavim on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 08:25:03 AM
Old 07-22-2009
Try this....

Code:

find . -mmin +30 -type f

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod command for recently modified files

hello! is there a way for me to use the chmod command to change permissions for several files all at once -based on the fact that these files were all most recently modified TODAY ? I can't use a wildcard on their filenames because the filenames are varied. But I was hoping I could somehow do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polka_friend
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete the files which are the 30 min older...?

Hi all, i have a simple question that i want to find out the 30 minutes older files and delete those files from the particular location(Folder) Generally for this purpose used to retreive the files with "atime" command For example: find and delete the 2 days older log files use this below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit TOP command after 1 min

Hi, I am running following command: top -p <psid> | grep used I want to send o/p of above command to some txt file but it do not break as it keeps going. How can I exit 'top -p <psid> | grep used' after certain time like 1 min or 2 mins? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sach253
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help - Find command with list of files modified descending Order

Hi, I would like to know the command to get the files order in descending order with "FIND" command. Appreciate your help Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonySolarisAdmi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run a script if file modified in last 10 min

Hi, I want to check if a file is modified or not in the last 10 mins and run a script if so. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to modified files using sed command

hi all, i will like to modified some files with the extension .gjf . All this files have in first line this #P PM3 Opt and i want to change that to this : %nproc=2 %chk=filename.chk #p B3LYP /6-31G** opt in order to do that i have try to do a script with the sed command but i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanchy
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the modified timestamp of files from the piped output of du command

Version Info +++++++++++++++ RHEL 5.4 Since ls command lists file sizes in Bytes which can be long I use du command like below. I have run the du command for the below files as shown below. But I want pipe this output to ls command just to see the modified timestamp for these files. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command to get the modified files past 2 hours

Hello, How to get the modified/created files past 2 hours in Solaris with find command? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
LAM(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    LAM(1)

NAME
lam -- laminate files SYNOPSIS
lam [-f min.max] [-s sepstring] [-t c] file ... lam [-p min.max] [-s sepstring] [-t c] file ... DESCRIPTION
The lam utility copies the named files side by side onto the standard output. The n-th input lines from the input files are considered frag- ments of the single long n-th output line into which they are assembled. The name `-' means the standard input, and may be repeated. Normally, each option affects only the file after it. If the option letter is capitalized it affects all subsequent files until it appears again uncapitalized. The options are described below: -f min.max Print line fragments according to the format string min.max, where min is the minimum field width and max the maximum field width. If min begins with a zero, zeros will be added to make up the field width, and if it begins with a `-', the fragment will be left- adjusted within the field. -p min.max Like -f, but pad this file's field when end-of-file is reached and other files are still active. -s sepstring Print sepstring before printing line fragments from the next file. This option may appear after the last file. -t c The input line terminator is c instead of a newline. The newline normally appended to each output line is omitted. To print files simultaneously for easy viewing use pr(1). EXAMPLES
The command lam file1 file2 file3 file4 joins 4 files together along each line. To merge the lines from four different files use lam file1 -S " " file2 file3 file4 Every 2 lines of a file may be joined on one line with lam - - < file and a form letter with substitutions keyed by `@' can be done with lam -t @ letter changes SEE ALSO
join(1), paste(1), pr(1), printf(3) STANDARDS
Some of the functionality of lam is standardized as the paste(1) utility by IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). BUGS
The lam utility does not recognize multibyte characters. BSD
August 12, 2004 BSD