Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run same script on multiples servers Post 302336237 by s_linux on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 03:40:30 PM
Old 07-21-2009
Thanks for your reply.
I forgot to mention that, I get an email after I run the scripts, so if I set up ssh to run the scripts on multiple servers, can I put results from all servers to one file,then send an email instead of sending mail from each server. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh to run servers

I want to write a Kshell program which will start the servers(Oracle,DataIntegrator). Can anybody help me with this? I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pari111222
0 Replies

2. AIX

is it ok to run AIX mksysb script on vio servers?

Hi to all now we running mksysb to nim on aix servers. we are planning to take mksysb from vio servers. can we use the same script for vio servers. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to run across servers

Hi, I have to run several unix commands like lsof or sed and need to execute across different servers as part of my monitoring tasks. There are around 40 Unix Servers. It is really cumbersome to run those command on several servers. can some help me in this regard. Is it possible to run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to run on multiple mail servers..

Hello, I am a Unix newbie and I need a script in which I can run a command on multiple servers at work. The command is to start a storage process and I am sick of doing it manually on all servers.. Here's the command: /opt/bss/bin/snmptable -CB -v2c -c P67LzuBm hostname hrStorageTable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinyyy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers

Hello Everyone, How do we run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers. It is a simple bash script and vim -nx <filename> has been used to encrypt with desired password. Now I have few errors, the syntax is absolutely fine as I have run that script multiple times on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script in parts on 2 servers

Hi all, I have a task for which I need to run some commands on one server1 and then jump from the server1 (using ssh and asking user to enter login credentials manually for server2 server) to server2 and run some commands there and exit. I know the script I need here but problem is when I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiples jobs in background mod

Hi, I have a problem runnig from script two diferents process in background mod. Is there a limitation to do this? For example echo "Running process one:" ./ProcessOne & echo "Running process two:" ./ProcessTwo & echo "The process are runnig. Bye" The problem is that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
7 Replies

8. AIX

How to write a script to run without password on a batch of servers?

I need run a command such as ps -ef |grep xxx on a batch of servers, how to write a script to run it without password? don't need go in each server to check? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on multiple servers

I need to run a script on a bunch of remote servers. how can this be done without ssh into each individual server and run it its under /sbin/script.sh on each server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script on all 15 servers at the same time?

We have 15 servers. Hostnames for these 15 servers are stored in a text files and loop through each server to connect to the remote server and run a command, but this loop process runs the command one after another. However, the requirement is to run the same command on all 15 servers at the same... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
10 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)