Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem: Single Sign On for linux Post 302336128 by thanhdat on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 09:41:37 AM
Old 07-21-2009
Problem: Single Sign On for linux

Hi gurus,
I'd like to know your opions about Single Sign On (SSO) for linux (Debian). In my company, clients want to access to different services (FTP, HTTP, Mail, Web Applications ). I think about OpenLDAP and Proxy (Squid, Vulture) to resolve this problem but i'm not sure if they can. Are there others solutions for this SSO problem ? The more secure, the better it is.
Any suggestion will be welcome and thankful.
Kind regards,
Thanh Dat

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sign on/Sign off logging script

I'd like to make a script that I can execute every time I sign on to my linux box that keeps track of the time and allows to me to add a remark to a file. So basically once I log in, I run the script, and it outputs the date and time to a text file (log.txt). But that isn't my problem. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glider
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

are dropped packets a sign of network problem?

in a xen environment , i see a lot op dropped packets via netstat -i Is this a sign of network problems, or is it normal to see this kind of numbers? i'm not sure how to interprete the data. is this normal, bad, critical. What are your stats on this? I guess i have a xen issue of some sort,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does anyone have this handy Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 77yrold
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Single Sign on options

We are looking for implementing solaris single sign on with AD in our environment which as few hundred Solaris hosts and couple of hundred solaris zones ..IS there any third party software for the same or we can do it by just making the solaris servers as AD clients ? Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

5. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

differences between Shibboleth and Single Sign On

Could someone please explain to me the difference between Shibboleth and Single Sign On? How are they related? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux dollar sign in front of directory

I'm looking at a config file with dollar signs. What do the dollar signs mean in front of a directory? dir = ./demoCA # Where everything is kept certs = $dir/certs # Where the issued certs are kept crl_dir = $dir/crl # Where the issued crl are kept new_certs_dir = $dir/newcerts # default... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux expand dollar sign in single quotes

I am trying to get a dollar sign variable to be expanded in single quotes. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried every way I can think of. for i in `cat file1` do for j in `cat file2` do ssh $i 'systemctl is-enabled "${j}" '; done done... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
PAM(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    PAM(8)

NAME
pam -- Pluggable Authentication Modules framework DESCRIPTION
The Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) framework is a system of libraries that perform authentication tasks for services and applica- tions. Applications that use the PAM API may have their authentication behavior configured by the system administrator though the use of the service's PAM configuration file. PAM modules provide four classes of functionality: account Account verification services such as password expiration and access control. auth Authentication services. This usually takes the form of a challenge-response conversation. However, PAM can also support, with appropriate hardware support, biometric devices, smart-cards, and so forth. password Password (or, more generally, authentication token) change and update services. session Session management services. These are tasks that are performed before access to a service is granted and after access to a ser- vice is withdrawn. These may include updating activity logs or setting up and tearing down credential forwarding agents. A primary feature of PAM is the notion of ``stacking'' different modules together to form a processing chain for the task. This allows fairly precise control over how a particular authentication task is performed, and under what conditions. PAM module configurations may also inherit stacks from other module configurations, providing some degree of centralized administration. SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(1), su(1), pam(3), pam.conf(5), pam_chroot(8), pam_deny(8), pam_echo(8), pam_exec(8), pam_ftpusers(8), pam_group(8), pam_guest(8), pam_krb5(8), pam_ksu(8), pam_lastlog(8), pam_login_access(8), pam_nologin(8), pam_permit(8), pam_radius(8), pam_rhosts(8), pam_rootok(8), pam_securetty(8), pam_self(8), pam_skey(8), pam_ssh(8), pam_unix(8) HISTORY
The Pluggable Authentication Module framework was originally developed by SunSoft, described in DCE/OSF-RFC 86.0, and first deployed in Solaris 2.6. It was later incorporated into the X/Open Single Sign-On Service (XSSO) Pluggable Authentication Modules specifiation. The Pluggable Authentication Module framework first appeared in NetBSD 3.0. BSD
February 28, 2005 BSD