Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remote Login in to another Terminal Post 302336101 by Sridhar_dev on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 08:24:54 AM
Old 07-21-2009
Remote Login in to another Terminal

hi all ,

i need the command for remote login in to another terminal, came accross by using "tty" command. please suggest and help me out in this.

Regrds
Sridhar.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why? AHHHH!! I have been connecting to the server with the line: ssh userid@website.com The remote server accepts my password; logs me in with ssh; posts a lovely welcome message AND closes the session. Is this a "term... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xprankard
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to allow root login from a specified terminal ?

I want to enable root login just from one terminal machine, can i do that via /etc/default/login in console=/dev/console line ? and if so what i have to type exactly, another question is it normal to edit the files inside defaults directly ? or i can copy it to /etc/ and edit it there and its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not able to talk to remote terminal

sirs, i am using sz/rz command for calling to a remote computer for a unix based machine. When using these commands in foreground it is working fine... But when r using these commands in the background i am not able to call to the remote computer. sz/rz commands are properitory of OMAN... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manikumar
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Login from X-terminal

I have a Solaris 8 system acting as a NIS slave. My /etc/nsswitch.conf file specifies passwd: files nis and in general users can login successfully. However, I have a few users who use X-terminals booted off the Solaris box and these people are unable to login unless they have entries in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrollon
0 Replies

5. Linux

How to find remote Linux box login account without login in to that box?

Hi, How to find remote Linux box login account without login in to that box? I don't have login account at my remote Linux box. But I need who are all having login account. How do I findout? Thanks, --Muthu. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuselvan
3 Replies

6. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

How to prompt for login on OSX when starting Terminal

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to log back in to unix after logging out. I have a MBPro. If I don't have the window close after exiting, then there is the phrase 'process completed' in brackets with a blinking cursor, but I can't type anything in. Is it also possible to start the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 7.1 Login Terminal

Hi there, I am a newbie in AIX. I have reboot the AIX today and then the CDE login screen disappear. :eek:I have reboot several times and still it only shows the terminal (lft0) with only green characters and black screen:confused:. Anyway I can have the CDE login screen back?:confused: Also, as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnytai
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resizing Terminal Size Upon Login?

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i OS: OpenSuSE 13.1 uname: Linux CuBox 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux Shell: Bash So I was trying to see if there was a way to resize the terminal dynamically upon logging into a remote PC. How I login now is to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to login in ssh terminal

Hi guys when ever i tried to connect aix server in my institute through ssh terminal the pop is coming like network is unreachable .Am using MacBook air the other guys who are using putty software in windows they can easily login in tho the server through remotely . Is there any one can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashishb007
3 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote - connect to a remote CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)