Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How commands are executing ?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How commands are executing ? Post 302336090 by gsiva on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 07:10:32 AM
Old 07-21-2009
How commands are executing ?

Hi Folks,

I have a small doubt, the binary commands under /bin and /sbin as well as other path binary files, if you peek deep into that, you can find the difference in the way of normal perl programming and some commands will be like binary files. how are the commands executing like the difference in perl scripting and binary files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing commands with xargs

I have a SQL script that requires values from the environment in order to execute. I found a way to get the desired results but my process is a little choppy. Any suggestions on how to clean this up would be greatly appreciated. SQL Script ------------- select a, b, c from d where a =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmopal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP - Executing Commands

I have written a script to ftp a file from Unix to an NT machine to authenticate ftp login I have added the information into the .netrc file when logged in using ftp the commands are not executed. Does anybody know how to make the command execute once username and password have been provided using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hesmas
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing mpirun commands

Basically, I would like to run an mpirun query on my web server to query your databases via yours when using the BLAST program, however the server seems not able to execute even basic mpirun programs such as cpi (to calculate pi). Are there any settings I should take note of? I am running Perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tesswulf
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing commands after I log off

Hi, guys ! I have at home a simple network. I have a server that shares the internet connection to my computer and another another computer which is located in another room. When I want to download something, I'd like to download directly on the server, without letting my computer on. The server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing many commands at once

Hi, I want to run these two commands one after the other. awk 'BEGIN {OFS="\t"} {print $2}' sort -u rather than typing awk 'BEGIN {OFS="\t"} {print $2}' file1 > file2, then sort -u file2 > file3. Is it possible to run both commands on file1 then get output file3? Its kinda hard for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing commands in different server

Hi Friends, I have a situation here, where I have a script running in one server, namely "SERVER1". Within this script which runs in SERVER1, I have a set of commands which has to connect to a different server (namely "SERVER2") and execute the commands accordingly. I have no experience at all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravicha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing commands

I need to execute a command to run my script several times with varying parameters perl ex.pl -b 130198 -e 130884 -c plot plot.txt 1_plot.txt perl ex.pl -b 1345 -e 1308 -c plot plot.txt 2_plot.txt perl ex.pl -b 1345567 -e 130898 -c plot plot.txt 3_plot.txt . . . 100's of excutions ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing two commands in parallel

Hi, I am stuck into a situation where i want to execute a command in my shell script well along with a previous command in order to achieve something but i am not figuring out a way. here is a snippet: service management restart rm -rf lock.file in the above, if you see, i am trying to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing commands sequentially

Hello. I am new in shell script. Could anyone help me? I have un shell script. I need each command in it be sequentielly, when the first command ends the second starts. When the second ends et third starts, and so on Thanks in adavance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurinolo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing MQ commands in Perl

If you want to capture the output of any command, we then will be writing the system command in `` or qx. `` an qx works fine with all linux and windows system commands. But when I execute the below code.. it is displaying the output on the screen directly instead of storing to variable ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies
sepol_genusers(3)				     SE Linux binary policy API documentation					 sepol_genusers(3)

NAME
sepol_genusers - Generate a new binary policy image with a customized user configuration SYNOPSIS
#include <sepol/sepol.h> int sepol_genusers(void *data, size_t len, const char *usersdir, void *newdata, size_t *newlen); void sepol_set_delusers(int on); DESCRIPTION
sepol_genusers generates a new binary policy image from an existing binary policy image stored in the memory region described by the start- ing address data and the length len and a pair of user configuration files named system.users and local.users from the directory specified by usersdir. The resulting binary policy is placed into dynamically allocated memory and the variables newdata and newlen are set to refer to the new binary image's starting address and length. The original binary policy image is not modified. By default, sepol_genusers will preserve user entries that are defined in the original binary policy image but not defined in the user con- figuration files. If such user entries should instead by omitted entirely from the new binary policy image, then the sepol_set_delusers function may be called with on set to 1 prior to calling sepol_genusers in order to enable deletion of such users. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success or -1 otherwise, with errno set appropriately. An errno of ENOENT indicates that one or both of the user configura- tion files did not exist. An errno of EINVAL indicates that either the original binary policy image or the generated one were invalid. An errno of ENOMEM indicates that insufficient memory was available to process the original binary policy image or to generate the new policy image. Invalid entries in the user configuration files are skipped with a warning. sds@tycho.nsa.gov 15 March 2005 sepol_genusers(3)