Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: comparing time stamps
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comparing time stamps Post 302336048 by RSC1985 on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 05:27:48 AM
Old 07-21-2009
comparing time stamps

Hello All,

I'm generating timestamps (file creation timestamps) for all the files in a directory. I need to compare all the timestamps.
for example if i have 4 files and their timestamps are 20091125114556,
20091125114556,20091125114556,20091125114556 respectively.

I need to differentiate atleast secs portion to recognize the file. So what i'm going to do is if all timestamps are same then i will modify seconds portion. But my question here is how to compare these timestamps respect to their corresponding files.?

Please suggest a way but not the solution.

Thanks in advance,
RSC1985

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying Files in the same order along with time stamps

Hi , I am New to this group and would like to know if someone can help me on this issue : We need to copy some files from a particular directory to another directory in the same order and time stamps .How can this be achieved . For Ex : ./ABC/disk101/XYZ has 1000 files with varying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyam.appalla
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files with date and time stamps only

Hi there, I'm using terminal on mac and using the ls -l command to list all the files in a directory. However, I only want to display the date and time stamp of each file rather than permissions, owner, group etc... Is this possible? Many thanks in advance Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing time stamps

Hello All, I'm generating timestamps (file creation timestamps) for all the files in a directory. I need to compare all the timestamps. for example if i have 4 files and their timestamps are 20091125114556, 20091125114556,20091125114556,20091125114556 respectively. I need to differentiate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference between two time stamps

Hi Friends, I have 2 varaibles which contain START=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` END=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` i want the time difference between the two variables in Seconds. Plz help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

date time stamps in bash

I'm looking for a way to have the "date" command output the date in a specific format. I'm not familiar with the different ways to use the date command at all. i read up on it, but i dont get how to manipulate it. i know that i can get the date format to give me a format like: 2012-10-13... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment time stamps.

Hi Gents. Please can you help me to solve a problem. I have a long list of files, which I need to change the time stamp. -r--r--r-- 1 geo2 geovect 47096216 Feb 8 10:40 00000009.segd -r--r--r-- 1 geo2 geovect 47096216 Feb 8 10:40 00000010.segd -r--r--r-- 1 geo2 geovect 47096216 Feb ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the Logs between two Time Stamps?

Hi, I have been working on the error Log script, where errors are pulled from server. I need to pull the data of the error logs between two dates & time, for example : 22/12/2014 20:00:00 22/12/2014 22:00:00 Whatever error have came during this duration. Now the question is the record... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitgpta90
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collecting logs between two time stamps

Hi, please help me to collect the entire log files between two time stamp. for example, I am looking script to collect the entire log between "2015-03-27 15:59" to "2015-03-27 16:15" in the below sample log file. OS : RHEL 6.3 Date/Time : 24 hours format, the time is printing each log... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerryknj
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Controlling time stamps in a bash script

Hi, I have a bash script that generates CSV (.txt) files at fairly regular time intervals. I'm currently time stamping each batch of measurements at the time I write the rows into a MySQL database. As the result, one set of data might get the time 12:01:32 and the next set of data gets the time... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
18 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin_openssh time stamps

I've installed cygwin_openssh on Windows 2012 R2 and it's working great. My issue is when a file is uploaded say from a different timezone, when it is uploaded, it doesnt pick up the sftp servers time.. Is there a way to fix that? i.e. When someone in PST uploads a file to this server in EST,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MikeAdkins
0 Replies
SD_JOURNAL_GET_CUTOFF_REALTIME_USEC(3)			sd_journal_get_cutoff_realtime_usec		    SD_JOURNAL_GET_CUTOFF_REALTIME_USEC(3)

NAME
sd_journal_get_cutoff_realtime_usec, sd_journal_get_cutoff_monotonic_usec - Read cut-off timestamps from the current journal entry SYNOPSIS
#include <systemd/sd-journal.h> int sd_journal_get_cutoff_realtime_usec(sd_journal* j, uint64_t* from, uint64_t* to); int sd_journal_get_cutoff_monotonic_usec(sd_journal* j, sd_id128_t boot_id, uint64_t* from, uint64_t* to); DESCRIPTION
sd_journal_get_cutoff_realtime_usec() gets the realtime (wallclock) timestamps of the first and last entries accessible in the journal. It takes three arguments: the journal context object and two pointers to 64-bit unsigned integers to store the timestamps in. The timestamps are in microseconds since the epoch, i.e. CLOCK_REALTIME. Either one of the two timestamp arguments may be passed as NULL in case the timestamp is not needed, but not both. sd_journal_get_cutoff_monotonic_usec() gets the monotonic timestamps of the first and last entries accessible in the journal. It takes three arguments: the journal context object, a 128-bit identifier for the boot, and two pointers to 64-bit unsigned integers to store the timestamps. The timestamps are in microseconds since boot-up of the specific boot, i.e. CLOCK_MONOTONIC. Since the monotonic clock begins new with every reboot it only defines a well-defined point in time when used together with an identifier identifying the boot, see sd_id128_get_boot(3) for more information. The function will return the timestamps for the boot identified by the passed boot ID. Either one of the two timestamp arguments may be passed as NULL in case the timestamp is not needed, but not both. RETURN VALUE
sd_journal_get_cutoff_realtime_usec() and sd_journal_get_cutoff_monotonic_usec() return 1 on success, 0 if not suitable entries are in the journal or a negative errno-style error code. NOTES
The sd_journal_get_cutoff_realtime_usec() and sd_journal_get_cutoff_monotonic_usec() interfaces are available as a shared library, which can be compiled and linked to with the libsystemd-journal pkg-config(1) file. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sd-journal(3), sd_journal_open(3), sd_journal_get_realtime_usec(3), sd_id128_get_boot(3), clock_gettime(2) systemd 208 SD_JOURNAL_GET_CUTOFF_REALTIME_USEC(3)