Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RBAC related question.....
Operating Systems Solaris RBAC related question..... Post 302335526 by jlliagre on Monday 20th of July 2009 12:28:24 AM
Old 07-20-2009
It isn't required to use pfexec here. However, the book example just doesn't allow to reboot as it doesn't apply to stock Solaris but Trusted Solaris extension only.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Question related to the net

well, I was suggested to remove the contents of the cache as i get out of the browser netscape from the .netscape folder. is that really necessary? if so what are the rest to be done? can anybody please tell me?:rolleyes: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
8 Replies

2. Programming

signals related question

Hi all, Just a little question relative to signals. I know that if an application is in the sleep state, When a signal is catched, it will be processed by the handler. But what happens if it's processing something? Does the processing stops?? The following code should illustrate this case ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One Question related to alias

Hello, I have created following alias in csh lab 'rlogin -l user23 complab23' but problem is complab23 does not allow automatic login by checking .rhosts file. So after typing lab on command line I have to type complicate password and if wrong password is typed thrice then account gets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neerajrathi2
4 Replies

4. AIX

RBAC in 5.3 Question

I would like to use the Role Based access control to granulize some of the administration of AIX systems in our organization. Across the company we will be using aix 5.3. One of these roles will only have the access to make, change and delete users, something similar to ManageAllUsers. The thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

RBAC question

hi every one i tried rbac and i made 1- role called GizaRoot 2- group called gizagroup 3- added privlage autherization called "m.k" /usr/sbin/useradd:dflt:(m.k,*):0/0//:dflt:dflt:dflt: i assigned the role to group and add user to that group then su to user and tried to use the command ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

having df command related question

Hi All, When i have run the below command its showing 90% which is critical for production. for this i need the answer of some below question please help me for that. 1) i want to delete some unwanted files. how can i know the unwanted files ?Is it there any way of knowing this?? 2)and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk "/^<Mar 31, 2012 : /,0" /app/blah.log can someone please help me figure out why the above command isn't pulling anything out from the log? basically, i want it to pull out all records, from the very first line that starts with the date "Mar 31, 2012" and that also has a time immediately... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to 'ps'

If I run a script called 'abc.sh' and then execute the following : ps -ef | grep 'abc.sh' I always get two rows of output, one for the executing script, and the other for the grep command that I have triggered after the pipe. Questions: Why does the second row turn up in the results. My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk -F ";" 'FNR==NR{a=$1;next} ($2 in a)' server.list datafile | while read line do echo ${line} done when i run the above, i get this: 1 SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... instead of: SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to grep

We have huge file with control A as delimiter. Somehow one record is corrupted. This time i figured it out using ETL graph. If future , how to print only bad record. Example Correct record:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies
auths(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          auths(1)

NAME
auths - print authorizations granted to a user SYNOPSIS
auths [ user ...] DESCRIPTION
The auths command prints on standard output the authorizations that you or the optionally-specified user or role have been granted. Autho- rizations are rights that are checked by certain privileged programs to determine whether a user may execute restricted functionality. Each user may have zero or more authorizations. Authorizations are represented by fully-qualified names, which identify the organization that created the authorization and the functionality that it controls. Following the Java convention, the hierarchical components of an authorization are separated by dots (.), starting with the reverse order Internet domain name of the creating organization, and ending with the specific function within a class of authorizations. An asterisk (*) indicates all authorizations in a class. A user's authorizations are looked up in user_attr(4) and in the /etc/security/policy.conf file (see policy.conf(4)). Authorizations may be specified directly in user_attr(4) or indirectly through prof_attr(4). Authorizations may also be assigned to every user in the system directly as default authorizations or indirectly as default profiles in the /etc/security/policy.conf file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output The auths output has the following form: example% auths tester01 tester02 tester01 : solaris.system.date,solaris.jobs.admin tester02 : solaris.system.* example% Notice that there is no space after the comma separating the authorization names in tester01. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/user_attr /etc/security/auth_attr /etc/security/policy.conf /etc/security/prof_attr ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
profiles(1), roles(1), getauthattr(3SECDB), auth_attr(4), policy.conf(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Mar 2004 auths(1)