Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While Loop Syntax help needed Post 302335424 by Franklin52 on Sunday 19th of July 2009 07:38:32 AM
Old 07-19-2009
You can find the answers here:

Unix shell scripting with sh/ksh

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop syntax trouble

i don't get what's wrong here. i'm writing a shell script that takes 1 argument (a number) from the command-line, but it's throwing an error: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable doesn't make much sense for (( i = 1; i = ${1}; i++ )) # error points to this line everytime do echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: visitorQ
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in while loop

Hi, I have the following script (compile_mercury) and I get this error: I have no idea why...and I have written this script completely in linux (bash) and not in windows. **************** ./compile_mercury: line 136: syntax error near unexpected token `done' ./compile_mercury: line 136:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: habzone2007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with syntax in a loop (AWK)

Hi guys, I'm trying to loop through a number of files that is set by whatever is in a field. eg. The idea is to split FILELIST down into fields, it could contain 1 - 999 fields and it's bar delimited. I thought simple, count the number of fields in the field and then loop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peejay
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell syntax checker available, or is a new project needed?

I'd like a shell-script syntax checker that can detect at least the following errors, and more: 1. Variable $VAR used but VAR has not been defined. 2. Variable VAR defined but never used. 3. Use of unquoted variables which might break external commands e.g. SOMETHING in: value=`grep $SOMETHING... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethr
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop syntax

hi, I have to use for loop in my script. The below code is providing an output, 1,2,3,4,5..n. But i need to display the values one by one eg: it has to display the first value then exit from the loop and display the second value then exit till n(last value). for i in 1,2,3,4,5..n do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

for-loop syntax

%%%%% (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF loop syntax error

I am trying to run a menu option though IF loops. I keep getting errors not allowed the menu to be processed correctly. Currently it will accept the first 2 statements but then crash on the 3rd. The 2nd and 3rd have the same syntax, so I do not understand why it breaks. #!/bin/bash while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ironguru
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax error in for loop

I am using simple for loop, but getting syntax error when I run the code code #!/bin/ksh pls enter number read n for(i=1; i<=n; i++) do echo $i done syntax error + pls enter number + read n (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does xx mean in this while loop syntax?

I have a shell script which has this while loop line "while read tblName xx; do..." I understand how while loop works but don't know what does this xx stands for? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: later_troy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use positional parameters in loop / while syntax in whiptail

I like to “optimize” / make more like a real program my bash script by replacing repetitious code which utilizes positional parameters. I am having two issues I cannot solve and would appreciate some assistance with resolving them. a) how to modify the whiptail checklist... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
3 Replies
IO::Async::Loop::Glib(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				IO::Async::Loop::Glib(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Loop::Glib" - use "IO::Async" with Glib or GTK SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Loop::Glib; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop::Glib->new(); $loop->add( ... ); ... # Rest of GLib/Gtk program that uses GLib Glib::MainLoop->new->run(); Or $loop->loop_forever(); Or while(1) { $loop->loop_once(); } DESCRIPTION
This subclass of "IO::Async::Loop" uses the "Glib::MainLoop" to perform read-ready and write-ready tests. The appropriate "Glib::IO" sources are added or removed from the "Glib::MainLoop" when notifiers are added or removed from the set, or when they change their "want_writeready" status. The callbacks are called automatically by Glib itself; no special methods on this loop object are required. CONSTRUCTOR
$loop = IO::Async::Loop::Glib->new() This function returns a new instance of a "IO::Async::Loop::Glib" object. It takes no special arguments. METHODS
There are no special methods in this subclass, other than those provided by the "IO::Async::Loop" base class. $count = $loop->loop_once( $timeout ) This method calls the "iteration()" method on the underlying "Glib::MainContext". If a timeout value is supplied, then a Glib timeout will be installed, to interrupt the loop at that time. If Glib indicates that any callbacks were fired, then this method will return 1 (however, it does not mean that any "IO::Async" callbacks were invoked, as there may be other parts of code sharing the Glib main context. Otherwise, it will return 0. SEE ALSO
o Glib - Perl wrappers for the GLib utility and Object libraries o Gtk2 - Perl interface to the 2.x series of the Gimp Toolkit library AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2013-03-01 IO::Async::Loop::Glib(3pm)