Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search of string from an array in Perl Post 302335002 by my_Perl on Friday 17th of July 2009 04:23:18 AM
Old 07-17-2009
Thanks a lot. It worked. But can you please write in the way you would like to?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search array elements as file for a matching string

I would like to find a list of files in a directory less than 2 days old and put them into an array variable. And then search for each file in the array for a matching string say "Return-code= 0". If it matches, then display the array element with a message as "OK". Your help will be greatly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkbaral
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Search for next occurence of a word in an array

I have an array as follows: Space: ABC Name: def Age: 22 Type: new Name: fgh Age: 34 Type: old Space: XYZ Name: pqr Age: 44 Type: new : : How can I separate the array with elements starting from Space:ABC until Space: XYZ & put them in a different array & so on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and string array problem

#!/usr/bin/perl my @arr=("hello", "how", "are", "you"); $l=length(@arr); print $l; This print 1.Why? How can i print the array size = 4? I want to store these in an array. hello how are you And then i want to access these element through indexing. How can i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Sorting an String-Array

Hi, i have a txtfile with the format <Nr>tab<word>tab<other stuff>new line and i want to sort the <word>-colum with a perl script. My textfile: <Nr>tab<word>tab<other stuff>new line 6807 die ART.Acc.Sg.Fem 6426 der ART.Gen.Sg.Fem 2 die ART.Nom.Sg.Fem 87 auf APPR.-- 486 nicht PTKNEG.--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buckelede
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Files from Array and link to original location in Perl

Hello, Question is related to Perl: I need to search few of the files from the array of file names. And after grepping the file names from an array I need to link these files to original location. The original location in this case is ref_path as input from the user. ##$ref_path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl string formation from array

HI I ma using perl programming my perl is like this $InputFile = $ENV{UDE_TMP} . "/" ."cre_fmr_gen.temp_data_file_gen.dat"; @duplicates = `cat $InputFile | cut -d "|" -f 1,1 | sort | uniq -c | awk '{ if(\$1>1) {print \$2;}}'`; my $cusiplist ; foreach $cusip (@duplicates) {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace a array values in perl

Hi, i want to search and replace array values by using perl perl -pi -e "s/${d$i]}/${b$j]}" *.xml i am using while loop for the same. if i excute this,it shows "Substitution replacement not terminated at -e line 1.". please tell me what's wrong this line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
1 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)