Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO newbie - CUPS installation & C compiler Post 302333768 by kshji on Tuesday 14th of July 2009 04:13:11 AM
Old 07-14-2009
Most of printers understand PCL (=HP) drivers, have you tested ? Kyocera also support PCL.

Kyocera support raw printing (port 9100) and I'm sure that it support also lpd (port 513). Manual usually include queue name for lpd printing.

CC-compiler:
Go to SCO pages, look Skunkware, there you can find ex. gcc packet to install.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Software Installation Help - Newbie

Let me start off by saying that I am by no means a unix person. I am tasked to install log4cxx on a brand new machine but it looks like we need the apr, apr-utils, libtool, make, autoconf, automake, and gcc packages just to install log4cxx. Our machine came with no c compiler so I couldn't build... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnRodey
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie's question about COBOL Installation in Unix

I wanna to install a COBOL on the AIX unix server. Would u like to tell me the disk usage of COBOL installation? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

3. AIX

Installation of CUPS in AIX

Hi, In cups.org, it is said CUPS 1.1.9 adds support for AIX, adds several performance improvements to the scheduler, adds support for the Apache Include directive, adds new HideImplicitMembers and ImplicitAnyClasses directives, stores user-defined options as differences from the system-defined... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Installation of CUPS in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody provide me the download link for CUPS on HP-UX 11i? and point me where i can get thorough help or howtos, certainly detailed, to get cups and hopefully my printer running? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie (question 2)

Hello everyone, I am having to do a lot of perl scripting these days and I am learning a lot. I have this problem I want to move files from a folder and all its sub folders to one parent folder, they are all .gz files.. there is folder1\folder2\*.gz and there are about 50 folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xytiz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie

Hi, I am new to programming and also to perl..But i know 'perl' can come to my rescue, But I am stuck at many places and need help..any small help is much appreciated... below is the description of what i intend to acheive with my script. I have a files named in this format... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xytiz
13 Replies

7. HP-UX

Newbie: HP-UX installation problem

I recently bought myself a HP Visualize c3750 specifically to try out HP-UX (which I have never really used), I got it with a CD set of HP-UX 11 that I boot the machine from to install. I have no gfx adapter in the machine so I run an IBM InfoWindow II 3153 serial terminal attached to serial 1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies

8. AIX

Newbie & LPAR

Hello, what is the meaning of: lparstat -i Node Name : **** Partition Name : **** Partition Number : 1 Type : Shared-SMT Mode : Capped Entitled Capacity : 2.00 Partition Group-ID : 32769 Shared Pool ID : 0 Online Virtual CPUs : 4 Maximum Virtual CPUs : 4 Minimum Virtual CPUs :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Talulah
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

GCC compiler installation on Linux OS

Need assistance in getting a GCC compiler on linux server . I wanted to install GCC compiler under local user . System doesnt have any compiler . Is there a way to get a compiler installed without a root user, cant install using (rpm, yum ) When I try to compile the gcc source i get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
cups-lpd(8)							    Apple Inc.							       cups-lpd(8)

NAME
cups-lpd - receive print jobs and report printer status to lpd clients SYNOPSIS
cups-lpd [ -h hostname[:port] ] [ -n ] [ -o option=value ] DESCRIPTION
cups-lpd is the CUPS Line Printer Daemon ("LPD") mini-server that supports legacy client systems that use the LPD protocol. cups-lpd does not act as a standalone network daemon but instead operates using the Internet "super-server" inetd(8) or xinetd(8). If you are using inetd, add the following line to the inetd.conf file to enable the cups-lpd mini-server: printer stream tcp nowait lp /usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-lpd cups-lpd -o document-format=application/octet-stream Note: If you are using Solaris 10 or higher, you must run the inetdconv(1m) program to register the changes to the inetd.conf file. If you are using the newer xinetd(8) daemon, create a file named /etc/xinetd.d/cups containing the following lines: service printer { socket_type = stream protocol = tcp wait = no user = lp group = sys passenv = server = /usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-lpd server_args = -o document-format=application/octet-stream } OPTIONS
-h hostname[:port] Sets the CUPS server (and port) to use. -n Disables reverse address lookups; normally cups-lpd will try to discover the hostname of the client via a reverse DNS lookup. -o name=value Inserts options for all print queues. Most often this is used to disable the "l" filter so that remote print jobs are filtered as needed for printing; the examples in the previous section set the "document-format" option to "application/octet-stream" which forces autodetection of the print file format. PERFORMANCE
cups-lpd performs well with small numbers of clients and printers. However, since a new process is created for each connection and since each process must query the printing system before each job submission, it does not scale to larger configurations. We highly recommend that large configurations use the native IPP support provided by CUPS instead. SECURITY
cups-lpd currently does not perform any access control based on the settings in cupsd.conf(5) or in the hosts.allow(5) or hosts.deny(5) files used by TCP wrappers. Therefore, running cups-lpd on your server will allow any computer on your network (and perhaps the entire Internet) to print to your server. While xinetd has built-in access control support, you should use the TCP wrappers package with inetd to limit access to only those comput- ers that should be able to print through your server. cups-lpd is not enabled by the standard CUPS distribution. Please consult with your operating system vendor to determine whether it is enabled on your system. COMPATIBILITY
cups-lpd does not enforce the restricted source port number specified in RFC 1179, as using restricted ports does not prevent users from submitting print jobs. While this behavior is different than standard Berkeley LPD implementations, it should not affect normal client operations. The output of the status requests follows RFC 2569, Mapping between LPD and IPP Protocols. Since many LPD implementations stray from this definition, remote status reporting to LPD clients may be unreliable. SEE ALSO
cups(1), cupsd(8), inetconv(1m), inetd(8), xinetd(8), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 4 August 2008 CUPS cups-lpd(8)