Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Getting Server Model from Sun Solaris Post 302333607 by pingmeback on Monday 13th of July 2009 01:26:14 PM
Old 07-13-2009
uname -i

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun solaris server auto reboots

Hi Guys, For the past month, our sun solaris server has rebooted itself 3 times. The sysadmin is saying that is not a sun issue and does not want to carry out any further research with sun about that. The db logfile does not show anything about any db issues at that time. I opened an oracle TAR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjanje
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Java Portal Server 6 and Solaris 10

Hello, I have recently installed Solaris 10 OE in an Ultra-10 stand alone workstation. I would like to know where can I find information regarding which version of Sun Web technologies such as: Sun Java Portal 6.x Sun Java Web Server 6.x Sun Java Identity Server Sun Java Directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosqueda_albert
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Copy Folders from Sun Solaris to Windows server.

Hi, I have a folder with diff subfolders in my Unix box and now I want to ftp all the floders into my Windows machine. Is there any easy way to do that. When I use the "mget " cmd and try to FTP the files, it throws an error that the sub folder name does not exist. Can you someone help in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu_kalari
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Solaris Server Configuration System Files

Dear All, I am a Ubuntu Linux user and currently performing an audit on a Sun Solaris machine. As I am not too familiar with Sun Solaris, may I know where can I extract the following information from a Sun Solaris server. /etc/profile /etc/login.defs /etc/pam.d/system-auth... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerd
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Whether Sun studio is installed on my Solaris Server?

Hi All I want to confirm the installation of Sun Studio installation on my UNIX development server. Please suggest how to get that. Cheers, Ankur (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
4 Replies

6. Solaris

my sun solaris 10 cannot ping and nslookup other server using hostname.

hi.... i have sun solaris 10 server, fedora 10, and Windows Server.. i cant ping my sun solaris 10, fedora 10 and Windows Server using hostname (etc: ping winserver.bengkel2.com), but i can ping all using IPV4 and IPV6 address.. can u give some suggestion to solve my problem or some idea to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izuan_7657
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to boot a sun Solaris server?

Hi everyone, I have searched on google and sun documentation but it's still not clear for me; how do we boot a sun Solaris server? I know what to do but only from this step: 1- start /SYS 2- start /SP/console The system go to to the prompt OK, then we use the BOOT command. My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Backup sun Solaris Server

hello, I need to make a backup for my sever Sun Solaris 10, is there any propositions to realize this , or a control line assembly to have a copy of my server. waiting for your reply thank you in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laila
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Server and Solaris 7 Inquiry

Greetings! Will be firing up the good ole pizza box, soon. Does anyone know if Solaris 7 is still okay to use? Last time I attempted was 2006. Thank you in advance, ControlTomato (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ControlTomato
6 Replies
uname(2)							System Calls Manual							  uname(2)

NAME
uname - Gets the name of the current system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/utsname.h> int uname( struct utsname *name); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: uname(): XSH5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Points to a utsname structure. DESCRIPTION
The uname() function stores information identifying the current system in the structure pointed to by the name parameter. The uname() function uses the utsname structure, which is defined in the sys/utsname.h file and contains the following members: char sys- name[_SYS_NMLN]; char nodename[_SYS_NMLN]; char release[_SYS_NMLN]; char version[_SYS_NMLN]; char machine[_SYS_NMLN]; The uname() function returns a null-terminated character string naming the current system in the sysname character array. The nodename array contains the name that the system is known by on a communications network. The release and version arrays further identify the sys- tem. The machine array identifies the CPU hardware being used. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a nonnegative value is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the uname() function fails, errno may be set to the following value: [Tru64 UNIX] The name parameter points outside of the process address space. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: uname(1) Standards: standards(5) delim off uname(2)