Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get a web page through CLI
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Get a web page through CLI Post 302332877 by sysgate on Friday 10th of July 2009 09:12:22 AM
Old 07-10-2009
lynx is also an option, but the real useful answer will depend on your requirements, as pointed above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web page hosting

I built my website based on Dreamweaver, on Windows platform. My server uses Unix, and the page doesn't look too good. Is there any way to solve this problem without too much of a headache? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PCL
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

making a web page

Hey im new to unix! I am tryin to create a web page in unix and have done it all but when i try and load it it says permission denied!?> i have chmod a+rx for folder and file to make sure but still permissions wont let me?! any ideas can anyone do a quick run through of how to make a web page... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashora
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i make a web page

hey uhh this is my first post and i was wondering how do i make a web page for like a small business or something anything will help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neil Peart
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a Web page

I'm 13 years of age and I am into computers. I am trying to learn how to make a webpage. I could use the help and I would greatly appriciate it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydia98
1 Replies

6. Programming

fetching a web page in C

Hello, I'm a total newbie to HTTP commands, so I'm not sure how to do this. What I'd like is to write a C program to fetch the contents of a html page of a given address. Could someone help with this? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File to web page

Hi all, I am having an XML file. And as per requirement I need to map fields of this file with various field of web page. So how can I use wput command into it ? Regards, gander_ss (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to a web page

I have a shell script that runs periodic upgrades on machines. I want to print certain echo commands from the shell script onto a webpage. What command in shell should I use for doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
1 Replies

9. AIX

nmon and web page !

nmon and web page ! Is there any way to let nmon be configured with external Web Page and updating the same web page to be graphic monitoring. Pls advice ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

10. Programming

Migrating Java Gui tool from CLI to web

Hi Experts, I am practically with nil knowledge of java. I have this new requirement i would like to explore. there is this java base GUI application which loads GUI and lets user select a file. GUI is initiaited by following CLI java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mtomar
1 Replies
RRDp(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   RRDp(3)

NAME
RRDp - Attach RRDtool from within a perl script via a set of pipes; SYNOPSIS
use RRDp RRDp::start path to RRDtool executable RRDp::cmd rrdtool commandline $answer = RRD::read $status = RRD::end $RRDp::user, $RRDp::sys, $RRDp::real, $RRDp::error_mode, $RRDp::error DESCRIPTION
With this module you can safely communicate with the RRDtool. After every RRDp::cmd you have to issue an RRDp::read command to get RRDtools answer to your command. The answer is returned as a pointer, in order to speed things up. If the last command did not return any data, RRDp::read will return an undefined variable. If you import the PERFORMANCE variables into your namespace, you can access RRDtool's internal performance measurements. use RRDp Load the RRDp::pipe module. RRDp::start path to RRDtool executable start RRDtool. The argument must be the path to the RRDtool executable RRDp::cmd rrdtool commandline pass commands on to RRDtool. Check the RRDtool documentation for more info on the RRDtool commands. Note: Due to design limitations, RRDp::cmd does not support the "graph -" command - use "graphv -" instead. $answer = RRDp::read read RRDtool's response to your command. Note that the $answer variable will only contain a pointer to the returned data. The reason for this is, that RRDtool can potentially return quite excessive amounts of data and we don't want to copy this around in memory. So when you want to access the contents of $answer you have to use $$answer which dereferences the variable. $status = RRDp::end terminates RRDtool and returns RRDtool's status ... $RRDp::user, $RRDp::sys, $RRDp::real these variables will contain totals of the user time, system time and real time as seen by RRDtool. User time is the time RRDtool is running, System time is the time spend in system calls and real time is the total time RRDtool has been running. The difference between user + system and real is the time spent waiting for things like the hard disk and new input from the Perl script. $RRDp::error_mode and $RRDp::error If you set the variable $RRDp::error_mode to the value 'catch' before you run RRDp::read a potential ERROR message will not cause the program to abort but will be returned in this variable. If no error occurs the variable will be empty. $RRDp::error_mode = 'catch'; RRDp::cmd qw(info file.rrd); print $RRDp::error if $RRDp::error; EXAMPLE
use RRDp; RRDp::start "/usr/local/bin/rrdtool"; RRDp::cmd qw(create demo.rrd --step 100 DS:in:GAUGE:100:U:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:10); $answer = RRDp::read; print $$answer; ($usertime,$systemtime,$realtime) = ($RRDp::user,$RRDp::sys,$RRDp::real); SEE ALSO
For more information on how to use RRDtool, check the manpages. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> perl v5.12.1 2010-03-22 RRDp(3)