Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Find files older than 10 days Post 302332557 by methyl on Thursday 9th of July 2009 12:10:52 PM
Old 07-09-2009
Code:
find . -type f ! -name '.??*' -mtime +15 -print

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing

need help with this ... Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing list "test" file older than 5 days and then remove them (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ypatel6871
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Find files older than x days and create a consolidated single tar file.

Hello, I need help in finding files older than x days and creating a single consolidated tar file combining them. Can anyone please provide me a script? Thanks, Dawn (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dawn Bosch
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Find files older than 30 days in directories and delete them

Hi, I have dummies questions: My script here can find the files in any directories older than 30 days then it will delete the files but not the directories. I would like to also be able to delete the directories that hold old files more than 30 days not just the files itself. find . -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files older than 30 days

Dear Friends, I have two queries. 1) I want to see the list of folders which were created 29 days ago. 2) I want to see the folders in which last created file is older than 29 days. Can it be done? Thank you in advance Anushree (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find files which are older than 30 days and greater than 1GB

Hi All, I know the separate commands for finding files greater than 30 days and finding files greater than 1GB. How do I combine these two commands? Meaning how do I find files which are > 1GB and older than 30 days? ;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writte a script to copy the files older than 7 days using find and cp

Hi I'm trying to writte a script (crontab) to copy files from one location to another... this is what i have: find . -name "VPN_CALLRECORD_20130422*" | xargs cp "{}" /home/sysadm/patrick_temp/ but that is not working this is the ouput: cp: Target... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patricio181
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all log files under all file systems older than 2 days and zip them

Hi All, Problem Statement:Find all log files under all file systems older than 2 days and zip them. Find all zip files older than 3days and remove them. Also this has to be set under cron. I have a concerns here find . -mtime +2 -iname "*.log" -exec gzip {} Not sure if this will work as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh.mishra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not matching multiple patterns and then delete anything older than 10 days

Hi, I have multiple files in my log folder. e.g: a_m1.log b_1.log c_1.log d_1.log b_2.log c_2.log d_2.log e_m1.log a_m2.log e_m2.log I need to keep latest 10 instances of each file. I can write multiple find commands but looking if it is possible in one line. m file are monthly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies
uucleanup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      uucleanup(8)

NAME
uucleanup - Deletes selected old files from the uucp spool directory SYNOPSIS
uucleanup [options] FLAGS
If you specify one of the following flags, you must provide a value for days. The default value listed is used if the flag is not speci- fied. Removes any C.*(Command) files as old as or older than the number of days specified by days, and sends appropriate information to the requester. The default is 7 days. The -C and -W flags cannot be combined. Removes any D.*(Data) files as old as or older than the number of days specified in days. Also attempts to deliver any remaining mail messages. The default is 7 days. Includes a specified line of text in the warning message generated by the -W flag. The default line is: We have been unable to contact machine machine_name since you queued your job. The -m flag can be used only with the -W flag. Removes files in addition to those specified by the -C, -D, and -X flags that are as old as or older than the number of days specified in days. The default is 2 days. Executes uucleanup only on the spool directory specified by system. The default is to clean up all uucp spool directories. Note that system names can contain only ASCII characters. Removes TM.* (Temporary) files as old as or older than the number of days specified by the days argument. Also attempts to deliver any remaining mail messages. The default is 7 days. Sends a mail message to the requester warning that C*. files as old as or older than the number of days specified in days are still in the spool direc- tory. The message includes the job ID and, in the case of mail, the mail message. The administrator can use the -m flag to include a message line telling who to call to check the problem. The default is 1 day. Removes any X.*(Execute) files as old as or older than the number of days specified in days. The default is 2 days. Displays debugging information on the screen of the local termi- nal; level must be an integer from 0 to 9. The higher the number, the more detailed the debugging information. DESCRIPTION
The uucleanup program removes outdated files from the spool directory /usr/spool/uucp. The uucleanup program scans the /usr/spool/uucp spool directory for old files and takes appropriate action to remove them in a useful way. The uucleanup command performs the following tasks: Informs the requester of send/receive requests for systems that cannot be reached Warns users about requests that wait more than a specified number of days (the default is 1 day) Returns mail that cannot be delivered to the sender Removes all other files older than a specified number of days from the spool directory. The uucleanup program is not usually invoked from the command line, but is executed by the shell procedure uudemon.cleanu located in /usr/lib/uucp, which in turn is started by the cron script located in /usr/adm/cron/crontabs/uucp. Only someone with superuser privileges can issue the uucleanup command from the command line. To enable automatic cleanup, edit the file /usr/adm/cron/crontabs/uucp. Remove the # (number sign) from the beginning of the uude- mon.cleanu line. EXAMPLES
To locate files, enter: # uucleanup -W2 This form of the command locates C.* (Command) files 2 or more days old and warns the requesters that the files have not been sent. To send a message with a warning, enter: # uucleanup -W2 -mContact the System Admin about these files This form of the command locates C.* (Command) files 1 or more days old (the default), warns requesters their files have not been sent, and gives them the message: Contact the System Admin about these files. To clean up command files that are 8 or more days old, enter: # uucleanup -C8 This form of the command removes all C.* (Command) files 8 or more days old and sends an appropriate message to the requesters. Other uucp spool files are removed based on the default value for that type. To clean up data and execute files, enter: # uucleanup -D7 -X3 This form of the command removes all D.* (Data) files 7 or more days old (the default) and all X.* (Execute) files older than 3 days and attempts to deliver all undelivered mail. Remaining uucp spool files are removed based on the default value for that type. To clean up other files, enter: # uucleanup -o2 This form of the command removes uucp spool files according to their default values except for other files, which are removed if 2 days or older. To clean up all files at once, enter the command without flags: # uucleanup This form of the command removes all C.*, D.*, and X.* files, and all other files older than the default times. To clean up files for system hera, enter: # uucleanup -shera -C5 This form of the command removes all C.* files 5 or more days old and the other uucp spool files according to their default files for system hera (the files are in /usr/spool/uucp/hera/*). FILES
Specifies the command path. File that starts uudemon.cleanu shell procedure. Contains all the configuration files for uucp, and the uude- mon.cleanu shell procedure. Schedules uucp jobs for the cron daemon, including the uudemon.cleanu shell procedure. Contains files removed by the uucleanup command. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucp(1), uustat(1), uux(1) delim off uucleanup(8)