Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with SCSI card and tape drive Post 302332303 by RicardoM on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 04:29:59 PM
Old 07-08-2009
Problems with SCSI card and tape drive

Currenty running SCO Openserver 6 at a Dell PowerEdge T300. I recently installed a driver for an Adaptec SCSI card (adpu320). When I connect a tape drive to it and re-start the system,it freezes and displays the following message: "WARNING: adpu320: Command timed out [C10070D0] (ha= 4)" and the system won't continue booting. I turn the server off, disconnect the tape drive and it will boot fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated since I've been trying to set this server up for weeks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scsi tape drive.

I'm running SCO OS 505 on a Compaq proliant 1600, and my tape drive will just not work. It was working properly and whent to Sh?ts when I tried to get the cd rom working. I have uninstalled any configured tape drive and rebooted and then configured a tape drive and rebooted still nothing. I'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Tape drive ?? fast/wide scsi box + dds4??

I'm researching a tape drive + backup software to work across my unix/linux network. Was thinking about a dds4 tape drive (sony's) on my solaris ultra2, with some kind of software that would work across the network to back up my other 2 solaris boxes, plus my 2 linux boxes. What do others use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

help installing Sun 8mm unipack scsi tape drive

Hi all, please help I am stuck. I have installed a external unipack scsi tape drive. The tape drive is Exabyte Eliant 820. All I did was connected scsi cable and power it on. When issued "probe-scsi-all" command, the tape is correctly identified. However, when issued "dmesg | more" command, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennis
4 Replies

4. Solaris

mounting an external scsi tape drive

hi- I just installed a quad gigaswift ethernet scsi card to my sunblade 150. I checked with the docs, and got all of the required drivers on the box. Now, I'm trying to mount an external scsi tape drive with no luck. I set the scsi address on the external drive to 0. Here's what I'm coming... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
9 Replies

5. SCO

Installing SCSI Tape drive

Hello, I'm having some issues with installing SCSI tape drive on SCO 5.0.6 hardware config shows the following adapters %adapter 0xE800-0xE8FF 10 - type=alad ha=0 bus=0 id=7 fts=sto %adapter 0x0170-0x0177 15 - type=IDE ctlr=secondary dvr=wd %adapter - 3 - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananth_ak
3 Replies

6. SCO

Problems installing a tape storageworks on ML350 G5 with sas hdd and 29320alp card

I just install UNIX SCO 5.0.7 on a new Proliant ML 350 G5 with hpsas driver on an smart array E200i, i just realized that it doesn have an scsi port for the tape unit (storageworks dat40), just add a scsi card 29320ALP pcix card, installed the ad320 driver downloaded from adaptec and from sco site,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jactroo
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Tape drive problems

Recently we had a problem with a CPU card on our SunFire V880 which has Solaris 9 OS. we removed the card and there was also a problem with our usr which was accidentally deleted. We able to restore the usr but now we having a problem with our tape drive. Previously we could write to the with ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
5 Replies

8. SCO

Problems Detecting HP Tape Drive

I am trying to install an HP StorageWorks DAT40 Tape drive at SC0 5.0.7. The tape drive is not functional. When I run #sconf -v this is what I get; Sdsk ad160 0 0 0 0 Sdsk ad160 0 0 1 0 Stp ad160 0 0 3 0 But when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
2 Replies

9. Hardware

Help with scsi tape drive problem

I've had a scsi hard drive, scsi tape drive, and cd rom working off an adaptec 29160 controller. Everything worked great until a few days ago. I begin getting tar format errors (running sco 5.0.6) on the tape drive and occasionally the entire system would hang up while trying to access data on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: powwm
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun E220R + HP (SCSI) LTO Ultrium Tape Drive

Hi all, this time I'd need a help from an advanced Solaris system admin :rolleyes: I attached a HP StorageWorks Ultrium 215 Tape Drives - Overview - c00059530 - HP Business Support Center to my Sun E220R and it got recognized immediately (probe-scsi-all). Now the operating system boot process... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
8 Replies
AAC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AAC(4)

NAME
aac -- Adaptec AdvancedRAID Controller driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device aac device aacp To compile in debugging code: options AAC_DEBUG=N Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): aac_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The aac driver provides support for the Adaptec AAC family of SCSI Ultra2, Ultra160, and Ultra320, SATA and SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID containers is available via the /dev/aacd? device nodes. The aacp device enables the SCSI pass-thru interface and allows devices connected to the card such as CD-ROMs to be available via the CAM scsi(4) subsystem. Note that not all cards allow this interface to be enabled. The /dev/aac? device nodes provide access to the management interface of the controller. One node exists per installed card. The aliases /dev/afa? and /dev/hpn? exist for compatibility with the Dell and HP versions of management tools, respectively. If the kernel is compiled with the COMPAT_LINUX option, or the aac_linux.ko and linux.ko modules are loaded, the Linux-compatible ioctl(2) interface for the management device will be enabled and will allow Linux-based management applications to control the card. HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the aac driver include: o Adaptec AAC-364 o Adaptec RAID 2045 o Adaptec RAID 2405 o Adaptec RAID 2445 o Adaptec RAID 2805 o Adaptec RAID 3085 o Adaptec RAID 31205 o Adaptec RAID 31605 o Adaptec RAID 5085 o Adaptec RAID 51205 o Adaptec RAID 51245 o Adaptec RAID 51605 o Adaptec RAID 51645 o Adaptec RAID 52445 o Adaptec RAID 5405 o Adaptec RAID 5445 o Adaptec RAID 5805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3405 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 4000SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4005SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4800SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4805SAS o Adaptec SATA RAID 2020SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2025SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2026ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2410SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2420SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2620SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2810SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2820SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 21610SA o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2020ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2025ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2120S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2230SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3230S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 5400S o Dell CERC SATA RAID 2 o Dell PERC 2/Si o Dell PERC 2/QC o Dell PERC 3/Si o Dell PERC 3/Di o Dell PERC 320/DC o HP ML110 G2 (Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA) o HP NetRAID 4M o IBM ServeRAID 8i o IBM ServeRAID 8k o IBM ServeRAID 8s o ICP RAID ICP5045BL o ICP RAID ICP5085BL o ICP RAID ICP5085SL o ICP RAID ICP5125BR o ICP RAID ICP5125SL o ICP RAID ICP5165BR o ICP RAID ICP5165SL o ICP RAID ICP5445SL o ICP RAID ICP5805BL o ICP RAID ICP5805SL o ICP ICP5085BR SAS RAID o ICP ICP9085LI SAS RAID o ICP ICP9047MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9067MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9087MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9014RO SCSI RAID o ICP ICP9024RO SCSI RAID o Legend S220 o Legend S230 o Sun STK RAID REM o Sun STK RAID EM o SG-XPCIESAS-R-IN o SG-XPCIESAS-R-EX o AOC-USAS-S4i o AOC-USAS-S8i o AOC-USAS-S4iR o AOC-USAS-S8iR o AOC-USAS-S8i-LP o AOC-USAS-S8iR-LP FILES
/dev/aac? aac management interface /dev/aacd? disk/container interface DIAGNOSTICS
Compiling with AAC_DEBUG set to a number between 0 and 3 will enable increasingly verbose debug messages. The adapter can send status and alert messages asynchronously to the driver. These messages are printed on the system console, and are also queued for retrieval by a management application. SEE ALSO
kld(4), linux(4), scsi(4), kldload(8) HISTORY
The aac driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.3. AUTHORS
Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org> Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
This driver is not compatible with Dell controllers that have version 1.x firmware. The firmware version is the same as the kernel version printed in the BIOS POST and driver attach messages. The controller is not actually paused on suspend/resume. BSD
July 10, 2009 BSD