Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script Problem-Processing multiple scripts Post 302331405 by RSC1985 on Monday 6th of July 2009 05:47:16 AM
Old 07-06-2009
Thanks a lot for the prompt response i got the solution from your reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sh script to run multiple php scripts

I wrote a .sh script to run 5 php scripts. The problem is that it's running 1 then 2 then 3 in that order .... I want it to execute all 5 at ONCE.... nohup php /home/script1/script1.php && nohup php /home/script2/script2.php && nohup php /home/script3/script3.php && nohup php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holyearth
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting-processing multiple scripts

I have four scripts to run. My 1st script will make script2 and script3 to run. I am setting a cron job for this script1 to run continuously. This script1 will check for 2 text files and based on the existance of those text files it will initiate the script2 and script3. Now my doubt is that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single output of awk script processing multiple files

Helllo UNIX Forum :) Since I am posting on this board, yes, I am new to UNIX! I read a copy of "UNIX made easy" from 1990, which felt like a making a "computer-science time jump" backwards ;) So, basically I have some sort of understanding what the basic concept is. Problem Description:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kasimir
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron and multiple scripts problem.

Hello All, I have 3 scripts namingly 1X 2X and 3X. I have one directory ABC created which contains some 40 sub directories. I have one input file in the below format.The input file resides in ABC directory. Inputfile format; subdirectoryname date subdirectoryname1 date subdirectoryname2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to execute multiple scripts

Hi All, I have 4 scripts to execute. Each one take anywhere from 3 -9 hours to run depending on what it's doing. I'm running one at a time then check back periodically to see if it's still going and if not, run the other. How can I put these scripts into another script so that they are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem in running multiple scripts

hi all, I have 3 individual scripts to perform the task . 2nd script should run only after the 1st script and 3rd script must run only after first 2 scripts are executed successfully. i want to have a single script that calls all this 3 scripts .this single script should execute the 2nd script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for renaming multiple scripts

Hi There I am looking at writing a script that I can run from a cron job (say every month) that will copy my existing scripts to another folder, then in THAT new folder, append them all with the extension of .txt I have the cp command down pat (cp /existing_folder /new_folder) however I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orangepeel
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple shell scripts executed in one script

Hi every one, i am new to shell script. my people given a task to write a shell script that should execute number of shell scripts in that. in that, if any shell script is failed to execute, we have to run the main script again, but the script should start execute from the failed script only.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple files to awk for processing in bash script

Hi, I'm using awk command in bash script. I'm able to pass multiple files to awk for processing.The code i can use is as below(sample code) #!/bin/bash awk -F "," 'BEGIN { ... ... ... }' file1 file2 file3 In the above code i'm passing the file names manually and it is fine till my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple scripts in one single script - crontab

Hello all, Hope all's well. i'm not sure if this is possible but i have some scripts running in a crontab with different intervals, 1min, 5 min, etc. As for a "cleaner" and better control of these scripts (as by time we will have hundred's of scripts used for the same purpose, i.e for Nagios... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
4 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)