Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete first line from file and more.... Post 302330806 by danielsvas on Thursday 2nd of July 2009 10:04:26 AM
Old 07-02-2009
You could use sed to do the job:

Code:
sed 1d E000* -i

In the above example, all the the files that begin with E000 will have the first line erased.

Hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete line(s) from file

What is the easiest way to delete a line from a file? I have a file that contains list for Domestic and Foreign customers. I want to delete all lines staring with Foreing. TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elchalateco
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete line in a file

Hi all, I would like to delete a line in file.txt which has a list of filename. example: file_a file_b file_c lets say i have file_b in my directory, then i should delete file_b in file.txt and get output file.txt with only file_a and file_b. Below is my script, my result is still ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dta4316
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete line from a file

Hi , I have a file it content is like that /vol.nas/u08/aip_triage/hany/Tesko/:CC::RPAS /home/biblawh/myscript:CC::RPAS i need to search for a certain pattern inside that file and delete the line if i find this pattern without redirecting the output into another file . so i used the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramezernest
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete a line from the file

Hi, I have a file which contains entries with different numbers, for example: 275|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| 2758|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| 2765|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| 2920|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| I need to delete a line which contains certian number, for instance 275 I was trying to use 'sed' but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a line from a file

Hi, Need to delete a line from a file, file is too large so cannot use vi. I know the line number that has to be deleted... How can this be done ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohini
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line from file

hi all, i have trackfile.txt which contains the data as 0 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t1 1 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t2 2 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t3 3 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t4 if user says delete 1 then i want to delete 1 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t2 line from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a particular line from a file

I have a file of following form 2886758410 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:26 1 0 52 139 1129 2886758420 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:35 1 0 52 139 1131 2886758420 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:41 0 0 56 56 1132... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete either of one line from file.?

Hi gurus, I have one file it may contains one line is "START" or "FINISH" either one of them. I use below command to delete it, but it doens't work. sed '/^START\|^END/d' <inputfile > outfile anybody can help me to fix this. thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File same line delete

Hi, I want to do file1 to file2. Rows will be different every time. Thanks. file1 Fru-Name :BCNMB-B Fru-Location :/chassis-1/motherboard-1 Node-Name :LMP-1-1-1 Fru-Name :BMPP2-B Fru-Location :/chassis-1/slot-1 Node-Name :CFPU-0 Fru-Name :BMPP2-B Fru-Location... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozcanaydin
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)