Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sample scripts
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sample scripts Post 302329213 by bdragon on Friday 26th of June 2009 07:49:46 AM
Old 06-26-2009
My site has a set of scripts that are useful and the code is commented pretty well.

.\\itch's Extras

Scroll down and look at the scripts section.
This User Gave Thanks to bdragon For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample FOR loop question

This sample script should obtain a list of files in my home directory: #!/bin/bash # Manipulate files and copy to my home directory # for FILE in $HOME/.bash* do cp $FILE ${HOME}/public_html chmod a+r ${HOME}/public_html/${FILE} done Unfortunately it only produces an error: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kp400sf
4 Replies

2. Programming

Help need a sample program

Hi all, Can some one provide me a sample program which measures the performance (both latency and throughput) of TCP and UDP protocol (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnetpest2k7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I do this: -$: sample.sh <INPUT>

I apologize for the confusing title .. What I want to do is write a script that pulls specific input from the command line (after the script name) rather than from within the script. Example: -$: howfarbetween.sh Montreal Chicago Where the script would run based on the inputs of the two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmvbxx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Practical

Hello Today I had a beautiful test to write some commands using Ubuntu, now I want to make sure of my answers to be reassured, if I had a mistake please correct me List all files details under ubuntu Desktop. my answer: cd Desktop |ls -l Navigate to your Desktop directory and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: S4K
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

WWW:::Mechanize - Anyone have sample scripts?

Hello, I am trying to get to learn WWW::Mechanize & have found alot of sample scripts (that dont work) so am wondering if anyone has any that do, I basically just learn from stripping current bits out seeing how they work etc.. etc.. - if anyone can point me to somewhere that has a few good... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t0mb
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK sample variance

I would like to calculate 1/n In awk, I wrote the following line for the sigma summation: { summ+=($1-average)^2 } Full code: BEGIN { Print "This script calculate error estimates"; sum=0 } { sum+=$1; n++ } END { average = sum/n } BEGIN { summ=0 } { summ+=($1-average)^2 } END { print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programm not working on all sample

Hi all I am using following code and input to duplicate entries till next row but out is cutting some words in this sample can anybody check on his system is there any error? awk ' { if($2 !~ /^ *$/) { a=substr($0,length($1)+1,index($0,$NF)-length($NF)); b=$NF; } print $1, a, b } ' file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Script

Below is the code. Its the 1st line of a file. How can I remove the bracket and display like below. 123 web int 1 09:30:45 2013 I dont want to use AWK or SED or PERL. I need to use only the bash shell scripting commands to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample output

hi gurus , i want the command to get the output in the desired format . basically to convert columns to rows. please refer to the attachment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies
netris-sample-robot(6)						Netris Sample Robot					    netris-sample-robot(6)

NAME
netris-sample-robot - sample robot for netris SYNOPSIS
netris-sample-robot [-l] DESCRIPTION
The netris-sample-robot is a sample implementation of the robot protocol. It plays quite well but isn't too hard to beat. The robot should be started from netris with the option -r to connect or wait for another player to join. You can also let two robots play against each other in that way, if you like. OPTIONS
-l Writes some log information into the file log in the current working directory. If it can't it bails out. EXAMPLES
To start the netris-sample-robot waiting for another connection with logfile use the following line: netris -w -r 'netris-sample-robot -l' You then just have to start netris somewhere else which connects to that robot. SEE ALSO
netris(6) BUGS
One known bug of the netris-sample-robot is that it hangs quite often. This was already filed as a bugreport against the package so please refrain from doing so again. If you have an idea why this happens or know a solution how to fix it feel free to mail us. AUTHORS
Netris was written by Mark H. Weaver <mhw@netris.org>. This manual page was written by Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 0.5 16 Feb 2002 netris-sample-robot(6)