Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help with recursive copy command Post 302329090 by Knowledge_Xfer on Thursday 25th of June 2009 10:53:11 PM
Old 06-25-2009
help with recursive copy command

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing a problem right now while copying a directory as well as its subdirectories to my target directory. I know this is a very simple UNIX command using cp -R source directory target directory. but unfortunatley while doing this an error comes up on the command line saying that it cannot access the source directory...

if have checked the permissions in both source and target directories using ls -lrt and it shows that both directories have drwxrwxrwx permissions...what can i do to resolve this problem?

Your inputs will be most appreciatedSmilie Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive copy of hidden files

I need to know how to copy hidden files recursively? cp -r sourceDir/* targetDir/. ignores the hidden files. Thank you!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usfrog
2 Replies

2. Programming

recursive copy of the directory

I want to copy a directory recursively ( it again has directories) and the directory is on windows and is nfsmounted in vxWorks, i am using unix to develop the code for this, can any one suggest me how to copy the directories recursively. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive copy to a RANDOM name

Dear Group, after trying numerous suggestions and racking my brain I cannot manage something which seems so simple. Essentiallly, I would like to perform a recursive copy to a destination but give it a random name. I assumed (incorrectly) that the following would work: cp -r... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerexes
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Non recursive find command

Hi, I have question is related to find command. I want to find command should search in current folder only not recursive mode(sub-folders). I found a one way of, find . \( -name success -prune \) -o -name "Rajini*" How ever, my current folder is having lots sub-folders and am not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp : recursive copy doesn't work

Hi I have a problem with scp command : I try to copy a list of files from source to destination, it works fine but if there is a directory not existing on destination, it doesn't automatic create. Syntax : scp -rp /<PATH>/<NEW_DIR>/<FILE> <USER_DEST>@<HOST_DEST>:<PATH>/<NEW_DIR>/<FILE>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive search and copy

Hello again. Well, I need help again sooner as I thought. Now I want to search for files with a known name within all subdirs, and copy the to differently named files in the same directory. For example if I had only one file to copy, I would just usecp fileName newFileNamebut to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabaciucia
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive copy into a directory and all its subdirectories...

I want to copy a file from the top directory into all the sub-folders and all of the sub-folders of those sub-folder etc. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Thanks in advance of any help you can give. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EinsteinMcfly
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive search for files and copy to new directories

So I have extremely limited experience with shell scripting and I was hoping someone could point out a few commands I need to use in order to pull this off with a shell script like BASH or whatnot (this is on OS X). I need to search out for filenames with account numbers in the name itself... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyawaymike
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with recursive command

Hi, I need help with recursive function. This is not a part of any homework or classroom related. I am trying to learn unix and working on a question posted on site. basically i have to create a script which does what rm -r does. my code so far: 1 #!/bin/bash 2 3 function recursive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluebird13
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)