Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Server unexpectedly closed network connection error in passwordless in ssh through Post 302328638 by vr_mari on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 10:56:33 PM
Old 06-24-2009
Question Server unexpectedly closed network connection error in passwordless in ssh through

Hi ,
when i try to passwordless connection login in ssh through putty, i am getting the "Server unexpectedly closed network connection" error.i have already finished the public and private key settings for the particular user.

thanks
MaroV

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Enable SSH for root over certain network connection of a server...is it possible?

Hi - I have a SUSE Enterprise Linux Server V9 that I have an issue with. Policy says that root connectivity via ssh needs to be disabled. So, to do that, I made the following change in the sshd_config section: # Authentication: #LoginGraceTime 2m #PermitRootLogin yes PermitRootLogin no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable to SSH into machine - ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

For a few days now I have been experiencing issues when trying to SSH into 1 of my machine. I get the following output when running 'ssh -vvv': server1:/home/mymadq> ssh -l root -vvv server2 OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with rsync - connection unexpectedly closed

Hi i am running a rsync between two remote servers but it errors. The rsync command is a follows rsync -aWv -e rsh --stats progress --delete --ignore-errors --exclude .DS_Store --exclude .HSancillary --exclude .HSxmap --exclude .HSResource /raid1/PRODUCTION/ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

5. AIX

ssh connection closed by ip

Hi i am trying to do ssh without password between 2 aix servers. before i generate the keys, i am able to do the ssh & it is asking for password & i am able to login. ======================== # ssh 172.29.150.77 root@172.29.150.77's password: ======================== but when i generate rsa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: makarand.bhatka
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection

Solaris 10 Server refuse to connect :wall: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection , refuse error, disconnect message, fatal error type2, (protocol error type2) Issue has been resolved after taken few steps :b: First of all need to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passwordless ssh connection problem

I need to ssh from Host A to Hosts B and C. A->B works, but A->C does not. I can do rcp/rcmd A->B and A->C. B and C are identical systems. All three are SCO OSR 5. More relevant info: Host A$ ssh -V OpenSSH_3.8p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004 Hosts B and C are:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Passwordless sftp connection from UNIX to windows server

HI , I am trying to make a passwordless sftp connection from a unix server to windows server I have used a existing script which is like this cd /home150/adm/.ssh/ ssh-agent /usr/bin/ksh <<EOF ssh-add IDBNEWKEY ssh-add -l sftp IDBUSER@abc.com cd /home/IDBUSER/Share/IDB/ rm ${FILE}... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Server closed the connection unexpectedly

Hi, I have a bash script which connects HP Vertica DB and executes few sql files in sequential manner. One sql file has commands related to one table(stage , base schema tables)and contains 7-8 commands such as creating temp table, inserting data into tables etc. For few tables, which have high... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmatheja
7 Replies
CD-HIT-PARA.PL(1)						   User Commands						 CD-HIT-PARA.PL(1)

NAME
cd-hit-para.pl - divide a big clustering job into pieces to run cd-hit or cd-hit-est jobs SYNOPSIS
cd-hit-para.pl options DESCRIPTION
This script divide a big clustering job into pieces and submit jobs to remote computers over a network to make it parallel. After all the jobs finished, the script merge the clustering results as if you just run a single cd-hit or cd-hit-est. You can also use it to divide big jobs on a single computer if your computer does not have enough RAM (with -L option). Requirements: 1 When run this script over a network, the directory where you run the scripts and the input files must be available on all the remote hosts with identical path. 2 If you choose "ssh" to submit jobs, you have to have passwordless ssh to any remote host, see ssh manual to know how to set up passwordless ssh. 3 I suggest to use queuing system instead of ssh, I currently support PBS and SGE 4 cd-hit cd-hit-2d cd-hit-est cd-hit-est-2d cd-hit-div cd-hit-div.pl must be in same directory where this script is in. Options -i input filename in fasta format, required -o output filename, required --P program, "cd-hit" or "cd-hit-est", default "cd-hit" --B filename of list of hosts, requred unless -Q or -L option is supplied --L number of cpus on local computer, default 0 when you are not running it over a cluster, you can use this option to divide a big clustering jobs into small pieces, I suggest you just use "--L 1" unless you have enough RAM for each cpu --S Number of segments to split input DB into, default 64 --Q number of jobs to submit to queue queuing system, default 0 by default, the program use ssh mode to submit remote jobs --T type of queuing system, "PBS", "SGE" are supported, default PBS --R restart file, used after a crash of run -h print this help More cd-hit/cd-hit-est options can be speicified in command line Questions, bugs, contact Weizhong Li at liwz@sdsc.edu cd-hit-para.pl 4.6-2012-04-25 April 2012 CD-HIT-PARA.PL(1)