Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with a sh script to spool directory and modify the output (Oracle cnt file) Post 302328536 by exm on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 01:26:32 PM
Old 06-24-2009
Thank you guys.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

removing particular lines ending with a .cnt extension in a text file

I have a text file with rows of information (it is basically a ls command information(o/p from ls command)) I need to remove the lines ending with a .cnt extension and keep the lines ending with .zip extension, how to accomplish this. I also only need the date,size and name of the file from every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To spool output from a database query

Hi all, I would want to spool file for a database query, however by using crontab, the file is not spooled. Below shows my script: ORACLE_HOME="/u01/oraprod/perpdb/10.1.0/db_1" OUTFILE="/tmp/invalid.out" FILE="$HOME/admin/scripts" $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s "/as sysdba"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Shell scripting to modify the User Creation script in oracle database.

Hi, I have several users to create on my test Oracle database taking the scripts from the Production Oracle database. I have a separate text file where I have user-id and passwords maintained. I need help in writing a shell script to go thru the user creation scripts and replace VALUES... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Spool directory

hi all, I have unix box I install 2 zone on it I want to make spool directory and assign one to each zone How can I do that ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help supressing spool output from screen when calling sqlplus from script

I'm calling an embedded sql from my shell script file. This sql does simple task of spooling out the contents of the table (see below my sample code) into a spool file that I specify. So far so good, but the problem is that the output is also displayed on screen which I do NOT want. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MxC
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL*PLUS Spool Output

Hi, Im writing a script to run a bit of sql(via sqlplus) that pulls back some data and spools it to a file, I want the spool file to only display the data, with no sql command at the top and no reports at the bottom ie(# of records recieved). I am currently doing it via a grep command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Magezy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automatically cleaning up /var/spool/cups directory

Hi Friends, Actually in an linux server , there was printer jobs files occupying more space in /var/spool/cups so i want a script for deleting the files once in two week since i need the latest two weeks files. Thanks in advance..Waiting for the script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX spool command not extracting complete record from the Oracle table

Hello All, I'm trying to spool an oracle table data into a csv file on unix server but the complete record is not being extracted. The record is almost 1000 characters but only 100 characters are being extracted and rest of the data getting truncated. I'm setting below options : SET... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append date to sql*plus spool (log) file in shell script

SQL*Plus version : 11.2.0.4 OS : Oracle Linux 6.5 SQL*Plus is a client application to connect to oracle database. The log file for this tool is generated via spool command as shown below. I am trying to append date ( $dateString ) to spool file as shown below. $ cat test2.sh #!/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to upgrade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This software and related documentation are provided under a license agreement containing restrictions on use and disclosure and are protected by intellectual property laws. Except as expressly permitted in your license agreement or allowed by law, you may not use, copy, reproduce, translate, broadcast, modify, license, transmit, distribute, exhibit, perform, publish, or display any part, in any form, or by any means. Reverse engineering, disassembly, or decompilation of this software, unless required by law for interoperability, is prohibited. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice and is not warranted to be error-free. If you find any errors, please report them to us in writing. If this software or related documentation is delivered to the U.S. Government or anyone licensing it on behalf of the U.S. Government, the following notice is applicable: U.S. GOVERNMENT RIGHTS Programs, software, databases, and related documentation and technical data delivered to U.S. Government customers are "commercial computer software" or "commercial technical data" pursuant to the applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation and agency- specific supplemental regulations. As such, the use, duplication, disclosure, modification, and adaptation shall be subject to the restrictions and license terms set forth in the applicable Government contract, and, to the extent applicable by the terms of the Government contract, the additional rights set forth in FAR 52.227-19, Commercial Computer Software License (December 2007). Oracle USA, Inc., 500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065. This software is developed for general use in a variety of information management applications. It is not developed or intended for use in any inherently dangerous applications, including applications which may create a risk of personal injury. If you use this software in dangerous applications, then you shall be responsible to take all appropriate fail-safe, backup, redundancy, and other measures to ensure the safe use of this software. Oracle Corporation and its affiliates disclaim any liability for any damages caused by use of this software in dangerous applications. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. MySQL is a trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates, and shall not be used without Oracle's express written authorization. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. This software and documentation may provide access to or information on content, products, and services from third parties. Oracle Corporation and its affiliates are not responsible for and expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind with respect to third-party content, products, and services. Oracle Corporation and its affiliates will not be responsible for any loss, costs, or damages incurred due to your access to or use of third-party content, products, or services. This document in any form, software or printed matter, contains proprietary information that is the exclusive property of Oracle. Your access to and use of this material is subject to the terms and conditions of your Oracle Software License and Service Agreement, which has been executed and with which you agree to comply. This document and information contained herein may not be disclosed, copied, reproduced, or distributed to anyone outside Oracle without prior written consent of Oracle or as specifically provided below. This document is not part of your license agreement nor can it be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Oracle or its subsidiaries or affiliates. This documentation is NOT distributed under a GPL license. Use of this documentation is subject to the following terms: You may create a printed copy of this documentation solely for your own personal use. Conversion to other formats is allowed as long as the actual content is not altered or edited in any way. You shall not publish or distribute this documentation in any form or on any media, except if you distribute the documentation in a manner similar to how Oracle disseminates it (that is, electronically for download on a Web site with the software) or on a CD-ROM or similar medium, provided however that the documentation is disseminated together with the software on the same medium. Any other use, such as any dissemination of printed copies or use of this documentation, in whole or in part, in another publication, requires the prior written consent from an authorized representative of Oracle. Oracle and/or its affiliates reserve any and all rights to this documentation not expressly granted above. For more information on the terms of this license, or for details on how the MySQL documentation is built and produced, please visit MySQL Contact & Questions. For additional licensing information, including licenses for third-party libraries used by MySQL products, see Preface and Legal Notices. For help with using MySQL, please visit either the MySQL Forums or MySQL Mailing Lists where you can discuss your issues with other MySQL users. For additional documentation on MySQL products, including translations of the documentation into other languages, and downloadable versions in variety of formats, including HTML and PDF formats, see the MySQL Documentation Library. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 03/05/2013 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)