Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking connection reset by peer on freebsd Post 302328283 by coolatt on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 02:34:01 AM
Old 06-24-2009
connection reset by peer on freebsd

hi all.

am running postgresql in a vm on debian server.
i have some client programs connecting to the db.
when i check the logs of postgresql i see "connection reset by peer"

can someone help me with this issue...
thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - connection reset by peer

I use ssh to work on the server (OS X 10.4.x) remotely from home (Debian / OS X 10.5.3). If I leave my machine idle, I get disconnected after a couple of minutes. I get the following error message: Read from remote host "server name": Connection reset by peer Connection to "server name" closed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osxhawk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I get this error when I log in through console: "fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer". Can you tell me what this is and why it happens, and how to stop it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep: writing output: Connection reset by peer

Hi , when i run , tkt=/u01/ctrlfile/tkt.tmp grep "TICKET NBR" $cdrFile | head -$count | tail -1 > $tkt i got error grep: writing output: Connection reset by peer but some time its working withour error its working fine but some time i got this error any help please (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: OTNA
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer [preauth]

Hello, I have recently updated my AIX machine from version 6.1.7.5 to 6.1.9.1 and i noticed that the errpt of the server is full of ssh messages like the one below: sshdprocess_id>]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer Does anyone knows if this a known bug of the ssh... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp - Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer

Hello to all, i have a problem when trying to estabilish a sftp connection. i setup a sftp server (i used feeFTPd) and i'm now trying to connect from two different machines. from the first one everything is fine: $ sftp -vvv user@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc26
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Can't SSH - Connection reset by Peer

Hi Guys, I can't SSH to a remote system - connection reset by peer..any ideas ? -The Source is Linux, the Remote is Windows -The remote has OpenSSH running on Port 22 - Telnet confirms port is open -User1 has a RSA2 Key (2048) key, which is capture in the 1010101-pub.key specified by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
1 Replies
PG_CREATECLUSTER(8)					 Debian PostgreSQL infrastructure				       PG_CREATECLUSTER(8)

NAME
pg_createcluster - create a new PostgreSQL cluster SYNOPSIS
pg_createcluster [options] version name DESCRIPTION
pg_createcluster creates a new PostgreSQL server cluster (i. e. a collection of databases served by a postmaster(1) instance) and integrates it into the multi-version/multi-cluster architecture of the postgresql-common package. Every cluster is uniquely identified by its version and name. The name can be arbitrary. The default cluster that is created on installation of a server package is main. However, you might wish to create other clusters for testing, with other superusers, a cluster for each user on a shared server, etc. pg_createcluster will abort with an error if you try to create a cluster with a name that already exists for that version. Given a major PostgreSQL version (like "8.2" or "8.3") and a cluster name, it creates the necessary configuration files in /etc/postgresql/version/name/; in particular these are postgresql.conf, pg_ident.conf, pg_hba.conf, a postgresql-common specific configuration file start.conf (see STARTUP CONTROL below), pg_ctl.conf, and a symbolic link log which points to the log file (by default, /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-version-name.log). postgresql.conf is automatically adapted to use the next available port, i. e. the first port (starting from 5432) which is not yet used by an already existing cluster. If the data directory does not yet exist, PostgreSQL's initdb(1) command is used to generate a new cluster structure. If the data directory already exists, it is integrated into the postgresql-common structure by moving the configuration file and setting the data_directory option. Please note that this only works for data directories which were created directly with initdb, i. e. all the configuration files (postgresql.conf etc.) must be present in the data directory. If a custom socket directory is given and it does not exist, it is created. If the log file does not exist, it is created. In any case the permissions are adjusted to allow write access to the cluster owner. Please note that postgresql.conf can be customized to specify log_directory and/or log_filename; if at least one of these options is present, then the symbolic link log in the cluster configuration directory is ignored. If the default snakeoil SSL certificate exists (/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem and /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key), this program creates symlinks to these files in the data directory (server.crt and server.key) and enables SSL for that cluster (option ssl in postgresql.conf). Therefore all clusters will use the same SSL certificate by default. Of course you can replace these symlinks with a cluster specific certificate. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user Set the user who owns the cluster and becomes the database superuser to the given name or uid. By default, this is the user postgres. A cluster must not be owned by root. -g group, --group=group Change the group of the cluster related data files. By default this will be the primary group of the database owner. -d dir, --datadir=dir Explicitly set the data directory path, which is used to store all the actual databases and tables. This will become quite big (easily in the order of five times the amount of actual data stored in the cluster). Defaults to /var/lib/postgresql/version/cluster. -s dir, --socketdir=dir Explicitly set the directory where the postmaster(1) server stores the Unix socket for local connections. Defaults to /var/run/postgresql/ for clusters owned by the user postgres, and /tmp for clusters owned by other users. Please be aware that /tmp is an unsafe directory since everybody can create a socket there and impersonate the database server. If the given directory does not exist, it is created with appropriate permissions. -l path, --logfile=path Explicitly set the path for the postmaster(1) server log file. Defaults to /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-version-cluster.log. --locale=locale Set the default locale for the database cluster. If this option is not specified, the locale is inherited from the environment that pg_createcluster runs in. --lc-collate=locale --lc-ctype=locale --lc-messages=locale --lc-monetary=locale --lc-numeric=locale --lc-time=locale Like --locale, but only sets the locale in the specified category. -e encoding, --encoding=encoding Select the encoding of the template database. This will also be the default encoding of any database you create later, unless you override it there. The default is derived from the locale, or SQL_ASCII if that does not work. The character sets supported by the PostgreSQL server are described in the documentation. Note: It is not recommended to set this option directly! Set the locale instead. -p port, --port=port Select the port the new cluster listens on (for the Unix socket and the TCP port); this must be a number between 1024 and 65535, since PostgreSQL does not run as root and thus needs an unprivileged port number. By default the next free port starting from 5432 is assigned. --start Immediately start a server for the cluster after creating it (i. e. call pg_ctlcluster version cluster start on it). By default, the cluster is not started. --start-conf=auto|manual|disabled Set the initial value in the start.conf configuration file. See STARTUP CONTROL below. By default, auto is used, which means that the cluster is handled by /etc/init.d/postgresql, i. e. starts and stops automatically on system boot. STARTUP CONTROL
The start.conf file in the cluster configuration directory controls the start/stop behavior of that cluster's postmaster process. The file can contain comment lines (started with '#'), empty lines, and must have exactly one line with one of the following keywords: auto The postmaster process is started/stopped automatically in the init script. This is also the default if the file is missing. manual The postmaster process is not handled by the init script, but manually controlling the cluster with pg_ctlcluster(1) is permitted. disabled Neither the init script nor pg_ctlcluster(1) are permitted to start/stop the cluster. Please be aware that this will not stop the cluster owner from calling lower level tools to control the postmaster process; this option is only meant to prevent accidents during maintenance, not more. The pg_ctl.conf file in the cluster configuration directory can contain additional options passed to pg_ctl of that cluster. SEE ALSO
pg_ctlcluster(8), pg_lsclusters(1), pg_wrapper(1) AUTHOR
Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org> Debian 2012-10-08 PG_CREATECLUSTER(8)