Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dvd in drive how to check
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dvd in drive how to check Post 302327818 by vikus on Monday 22nd of June 2009 04:07:28 PM
Old 06-22-2009
dvd in drive how to check

is there some tools(not graphical) command to reconnoiter what kind of cd/dvd is on drive (dvd+rw/dvd-rw/etc)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DVD drive problem after upgrade to Solaris 10

After upgrading to solaris 10 (from sol 8) on a SUN Blade 1500, it seems that the dvd/cd-rom does not accept dvds nor cds in the dvd drive. After I insert a dvd/cd in the drive, the disk is simply ejected (!) Is it possible that the upgrade made the system not being able to recognize these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miket
2 Replies

2. AIX

Check for media in DVD drive

I would like to check for the existance of media in a DVD drive prior to running a mkcd. Is this possible? I have accomplished this in the past with tctl, but that was with a tape drive. Any help is appreciated. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmjoen
0 Replies

3. Solaris

external DVD-ROM drive for our datacentre

Hi there In our Data centre we have a mixture of SPARCS running from v100 and ultra10's to v800 and v1250 boxes we also have a large amount of x86 X2100 and X4100 boxes I am looking to purchase an external DVD-ROM drive that we can plug into the back of any of the boxes if we need to (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sharing DVD Drive in LDoms Environment

I have T5220 server with DVD drive. I have installed few logical domains in the server and wonder how they can share the DVD drive. I have not seen any mention of that in Sun documentation. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
7 Replies

5. Solaris

move DVD drive between domains in M5000

Hi, I 've a M5000 system with 2 domains configured on it. How can i move the DVD from one domain to the other ? so that i can access the drive in the second domain. cfgdevice -l does not work on M5000 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

6. AIX

dvd media in drive

Hello, It's some tool in AIX to check what kind of media (DVD+RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM) is inserted in drive? In linux there is very nice tool called dvd+rw-mediainfo. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
0 Replies

7. Solaris

#1 added to directory on rmount DVD drive

Currently have an issue were we use a script to load a security .dat key. The script was failing to load stating "Unable to open directory". I ssh'd into the server and performed an ls -la on the /cdrom directory. I show the usual cdrom0 but the directory on the cd should be key but is showing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypp1e
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 install with no DVD drive

Hi Guys, I think i probably know the answer to this question, but ill put it out there. I have access to one, and only one SunFire v240 with no DVD drive. I have been tasked with installing Solaris 10 on there (Solaris 8 is on at the moment). The obvious thing was to try a USB DVD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sol-nova
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount the cd/dvd drive

· Next, you will need to install the software package that provides DHCP services (a.k.a. the DHCP daemon software). It is located on the installation DVD ISO image for the CentOS Linux Distribution. Associate the (Disc 1 of 2) DVD ISO with the virtual machine's CD/DVD optical drive, create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX physical DVD/CD drive

Hello, I have some doubts about the dvd/cd physical on power machine and AIX. I see on my AIX lpar and see there is 1 DVD drive and its physical location bash-4.4# lsdev | grep cd0 cd0 Available 03-00-00 SATA DVD-RAM Drive bash-4.4# lscfg -vpl cd0 cd0 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
12 Replies
TGTIMG(8)																 TGTIMG(8)

NAME
tgtimg - Linux SCSI Target Framework Image File Utility SYNOPSIS
tgtimg [-o --op <operation>] [-Y --device-type <device-type>] [-b --barcode <barcode>] [-s --size <size>] [-t --type <media-type>] [-f --file <path>] tgtimg --help DESCRIPTION
Tgtimg is a utility to create and manage the image files used by the TGTD device emulation. This command is used to initialize device image files with the additional metadata, such as barcode, list of blocks, total size, etc that the TGTD emulation needs. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show a help screen and exit. -o, --op {new|show} Operation. Is either new to create a new image file or show to show the content of an existing image file. -Y, --device-type <type> This specifies the type of image file. Supported device types are : cd : to create media for a dvd device disk : to create media for a disk device tape : to create media for a tape device -t, --type <media-type> When creating a new image, this specifies the type of media to emulate. The available mediatypes depend on the type of the device. Supported media types for cd devices are : dvd+r : create a blank writeable DVD+R disk Supported media types for disk devices are : disk : create an empty disk Supported media types for tape devices are : data : create a normal data tape clean : create a cleaning tape worm : create a worm -b, --barcode <barcode> When creating a new image, this argument specifies the barcode to use with this image file. Backup application software often uses barcodes to identify specific tapes. When emulating a VTL, make sure that all tape images use unique barcodes. -s, --size <size> When creating a new image, this specifies the size in megabytes for the virtual tape image. -f, --file <path> The filename of the image file. EXAMPLES
To create a new 100MByte disk tgtimg --op new --device-type disk --type disk --size 100 --file /data/hd001.raw To create a new tape image tgtimg --op new --device-type tape --barcode 12345 --size 100 --type data --file /data/tape001.img To view the content of an existing image tgtimg --op show --device-type tape --file /data/tape001.img To create a new blank DVD+R image tgtimg --op new --device-type cd --type dvd+r --file /data/dvd001.iso SEE ALSO
tgtd(8), tgtadm(8), tgt-admin(8), tgt-setup-lun(8). http://stgt.sourceforge.net/ REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <stgt@vger.kernel.org> 04/04/2010 TGTIMG(8)