Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Information regarding unix certifications Post 302326967 by Yogesh Sawant on Friday 19th of June 2009 09:02:30 AM
Old 06-19-2009
try reading here

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX certifications

Are there any nationally recognized UNIX certifications, similar to A+., for basic unix and system admin skills? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pacsman
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Unix certifications

Hi all, I'm new to this forum also to unix, but eager to learn unix. Can any one gimme the certifications/exams available to validate our unix strengths. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarang
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Certifications to be done in UNIX

Hello I am a newbie i learnt Shell programming and Unix Internals.Well plz advice me what certifications i shud do as i have free time and want to utilize my time :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strawberry
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Certifications in Unix?

Guys, I just want information abt certifications available for unix. If they exist can anyone give some info them. Making clear I am pointing to developer level exams, not admin side. Thanks, Sharif.S (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharifhere
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Certifications

Hi All, Can anybody let me know if there is any Unix certification course which will provide basically programming in Unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Certifications on Unix and Linux

hi there :) I will study the Linux LPI certification in a few months What do u think about it? Is this certification good enough to work with solaris too actually? I´m not sure because i think is more oriented to linux, and solaris as far as i know, is based on UNix. What else can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andriusman
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX Certifications

Hi, I am planning to get certified on HP-UX. I googled about HPUX Certifications. I understand that I need to pass on exam HP0-A01 but I find many references to HP0-095. I bought this book: HP-UX: HP Certification Systems Administrator, Exam HP0-A01 - Training Guide and Administrator's... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: psicopunk
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ??

Hello All My Questions About Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ? I Mean Red Hat Certifications , Solaris Certifications , IBM Certifications , HP Certifications and BSD Certifications just i need the names of these Certifications and How can i enter to Certifications... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eng/G.Mohammad
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Certifications in Linux

Hi , I am working in Perl/Shell Script for past 3 years.I am planning to learn and switch my Career as Linux Admin.So Please suggest some certifications to learn about it.Do we have separate sub categories/area of specifications in Linux Admin ? Like Virtualization ,Vmware,storage. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajaytts123
0 Replies
FSTAT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  FSTAT(8)

NAME
fstat - file status SYNOPSIS
fstat [ -u user ] [ -p pid ] [ filename... ] DESCRIPTION
Fstat identifies open files. A file is considered open if a process has it open, if it is the working directory for a process, or if it is an active pure text file. If no options are specified, fstat reports on all open files. Options: -u Report all files open by a specified user. -p Report all files open by a specified process id. filename... Restrict reports to the specified files. If the file is a block special file, fstat additionally reports on any open files on that device, treating it as a mounted file system. The following fields are printed USER The username of the owner of the process. CMD The command name of the process. PID The process id. FD The file number in the per-process open file table. The special names "text" and "wd" mean that the file is the pure text inode or the working directory for the process. If the file number is followed by an asterick (*), then the file is not an inode, but either a socket, fifo, or has an error of some kind. In this case the rest of the entry is variable format, doesn't correspond to the rest of the headings, and is enclosed in parenthesis. The following paragraph describing sockets will explain the variable format. DEVICE Major minor number of the device this file exists on. INODE The inode number of the file. SIZE The size in bytes of the file. TYPE The type of the file. (see sys/file.h) Sockets The formating of open sockets depends on the protocol domain. In all cases the first field is the domain name, the second field is the socket type (stream, dgram, etc), and the third is the socket flags field (in hex). The remaining fields are protocol dependent. For tcp, it is the address of the tcpcb, and for udp, the inpcb (socket pcb). For unix domain sockets, its the address of the socket pcb and the address of the connected pcb (if connected). Otherwise the protocol number and address of the socket itself are printed. The idea is not to duplicate netstat, but to make available enough information for further analysis. For example, the addresses mentioned above are the addresses which the "netstat -A" command would print for tcp, udp, and unixdomain. Note that since pipe(2) is implemented with sock- ets, a pipe appears as a connected unix domain stream socket. A unidirectional unix domain socket indicates the direction of flow with an arrow ("<-" or "->"), and a full duplex socket shows a double arrow ("<->"). BUGS
Socket information clutters the output. Since fstat takes a snapshot of the system, it is only correct for a very short period of time. SEE ALSO
ps(1), pstat(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution December 12, 1987 FSTAT(8)