Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with CDE Root Login
Operating Systems HP-UX Help with CDE Root Login Post 302326146 by vbe on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 07:43:59 AM
Old 06-17-2009
Did you look in root's home directory the content of the logs found in .dt etc..
Like errorlog, startlog etc...?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE login vs. X-windows

Hi, I'm new to the whole X-windows environment. Need help please.. Believe it or not- I have a licensed "Reflection". I use the XDMCP host, and I can see 4 servers there. 2 of the servers are aix servers: one is ver 4.3, the other one is ver 5. When I open a session to the aix4.3 a large... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

CDE login Problem for root user only

Hi All, I m facing a problem that, i m not able to login as root user on cde on hp-ux 11.00, i can login as root on commond line as well as telnet. Thanks in Advance for help. Regards, Awadhesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

root login problem in cde

Hi All, I m facing a problem that, i m not able to login as root user on cde on hp-ux 11.00, i can login as root on commond line as well as telnet. Thanks in Advance for help. Regards, Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

11.0 fresh install: I never see CDE Login

I've just completed a fresh install of HP-UX 11.0 on my 712/80 and everything starts up fine until it gets to the point where X kicks off and I believe at this point is supposed to launch into the CDE login. It just sits there on the blank X screen with the X cursor for a minute or so then BEEPS... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErikTheHAck
9 Replies

5. Solaris

CDE Remote Login is not Working !!!

Hi , I have SunBlade 150 Workstation (Solaris 9), I installed the OS again then when I try to login to any server using ( Options > Remote Login > Enter Host Name) after I entered any host name nothing happened just white page for 2 or 3 mintues then the login screen reseted to the local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE Login Banner

I'm having problem with the CDE pre login banner. I configured the c/usr/dt/config/C/Xresources file to add my warning message: Dtlogin*greeting.labelString: My Banner I then modified the Dtlogin*greeting*fontList to display the message in smaller text. This did not work. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: equismorio
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to login through JDS but able to login through CDE

Dear All I am in a strange situation where I have install the Solaris 10 5/08 OS on Netra 1280 server. When I connect it through my laptop so that I can take the GUI from xmanager. When I try to login as root or any other users also through Java Destop Environment which accepted it after few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

8. AIX

Can't login on CDE AIX 4.2

Hi, can somebody please, please help me? After a power loss and server restart my server running AIX 4.2.2 could not boot. Following the procedure in my user guide I checked the hd's with # fsck -y /dev/hd1 # fsck -y /dev/hd2 # fsck -y /dev/hd3 # fsck -y /dev/hd4 # fsck -y /dev/hd9var I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: semso
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login on CDE AIX 4.2

Hi, can somebody please, please help me? After a power loss and server restart my server running AIX 4.2.2 could not boot. Following the procedure in my user guide I checked the hd's with # fsck -y /dev/hd1 # fsck -y /dev/hd2 # fsck -y /dev/hd3 # fsck -y /dev/hd4 # fsck -y /dev/hd9var ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: semso
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Canīt get a remote desktop login through CDE

Hi all, I canīt get a remote desktop login through CDE only with root user. There are messages in the Xerror file: /usr/bin/X11/xset: bad font path element (#0), possible causes are: Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions Directory missing fonts.dir Incorrect font... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0m3n
5 Replies
dtsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual							dtsetup(8)

NAME
dtsetup - Configure and Customize the Common Desktop Environment (CDE) SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/dtsetup X resources OPTIONS
Specifies the standard X11 resource options. For more information, see the X(1X) reference page. DESCRIPTION
The CDE Setup application, dtsetup, provides you with a mechanism to customize your Common Desktop Environment by using a graphical user interface. It also provides System Administrators a means to create a CDE environment for various types of users. When you invoke the CDE Setup application, a panel of four icons are displayed: Quick Setup, Desktop, Login, and Services. From the Quick Setup icon, you or the system administrator can provide minimal entries to configure CDE. The Desktop icon lets you or the system administrator set up the front panel, establish various window manager resources, define starting applications, and set parameters for the terminal, dtmail, and dtfile applications. The Login icon lets you provide information about your login session, while the system administrator can also set up the system login greetings, and set up the X server configuration. The Services icon has fields for various services configuration. You are restricted to the choice of whether to run the Motif/OpenLook DND gateway. The system administrator has additional choices regarding the ToolTalk Session and ToolTalk Database server, as well as disabling network dependency and allowing inbound remote process execution. The CDE Setup application provides an effortless way of assembling the CDE front panel from available controls. Furthermore, by providing various file names and other specifications, the CDE Setup application allows you to create your own controls. The CDE setup application can be invoked from: The CDE Application Manager. Application Group: System_Admin Desktop_Apps Subgroup: Configuration To start the dtsetup application from the command line, enter /usr/dt/bin/dtsetup. Online help is available for the dxmtools application. To get help, click on any Help button or use the Help pull-down menu. RESTRICTIONS
You must have superuser privileges to access the full functionality of this application. FILES
CDE setup application executable CDE setup online help volume SEE ALSO
Commands: dtlogin(1), ttdbserverd(1), ttsession(1), X(1X), xdm(1X), xprop(1X) Files: dtfpfile(4) Common Desktop Environment: User's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Advanced User's and System Administrator's Guide CDE Companion dtsetup(8)