Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter wireshark output
Special Forums IP Networking Filter wireshark output Post 302326058 by Dedalus on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 03:17:02 AM
Old 06-17-2009
Hi Neminath

your advice is what i'm trying to do. I'm near the end. I'm using a small software that sniff pkts and I've added a randon counter in its callback function, in order to analize some pkts and skip the others.
I'm still testing it but seems like work.
Thanks

D.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read from a file then filter the output

Hi i need a script which reads a certain file and then display it on the screen. The thing is i need to filter the display output. this is an example of the file which is to be loaded in the script. asdfg1.1.1|98 hjkldfe4.0.3|123 asdzxzvdweradfsdafascv10.0.10|123456789... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Filter Output

Hi guys - I use this script below to search for files that are of todays date. It also informs if the file doesnt exist or is old. I am trying to make the script inform of the errors in the "begining" of the output email. Such as all errors are grouped together. I am using the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DallasT
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only the last 'n' lines of a grep output?

I am running a grep query for searching a pattern, and the output is quite huge. I want only the last 200 lines to be displayed, and I am not sure if tail will do the trick (can tail read from std in/out instead of files?). Please help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shell_newbie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter out output and then write to a file

I have a process which writes lots of output to the screen and am capturing it to a file. But the issue is that there are few lines which repeat every second which is causing the file size to be enormous. I am trying to filter out and then run the command but its not working. Can you confirm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarme_1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter output as an array element

I am filtering the value of Server status from a file and am storing it in a temp file which I compare later to exit with appropriate status. I am wondering if I can directly output the value of Server status as an array element and then compare the value of elements to get the right exit status ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paslas
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter top -bc -n10 output

Hi "top -bc -n10" gives me the output of the "top" command 10 times. Now i dont want repeated results and hence want to return only the last output. And I would like to do it in one command and not in script. can you please help me out? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avinthm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filter top -bc -n10 output

I have posted a thread in Unix for Dummies question...... https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/223769-filter-top-bc-n10-output.html Can anybody help me out with this please? Thanks Avinash (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avinthm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the filter output?

Hey, I'm using some sensors that can be read by http. If I run following command: curl -v 'http://192.168.111.23:8080/sensor/52f5c63cc4221fbbedcb499908a0a823?version=1.0&interval=minute&unit=watt&callback=realtime' I'm getting: I would like to put this now in a sheet with only the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: brononius
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of awk to filter out the command output

Hi All, I am trying to find out number of cores present for hp-ux server from the output of print_manifest (as shown below). i suppose awk will be best tool to use for filtering. output of print_manifest is : System Hardware Model: ia64 hp Integrity Virtual Partition ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter output in curl

Hello guys, I'm writing a little script which sends me sms with my shell script via api of a sms provider. problem is I can't filter my curl output for this site: site url:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genius90
1 Replies
NG_BRIDGE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					      NG_BRIDGE(4)

NAME
ng_bridge -- Ethernet bridging netgraph node type SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <netgraph/ng_bridge.h> DESCRIPTION
The bridge node type performs Ethernet bridging over one or more links. Each link (represented by a connected hook) is used to transmit and receive raw Ethernet frames. As packets are received, the node learns which link each host resides on. Packets unicast to a known host are directed out the appropriate link only, and other links are spared the traffic. This behavior is in contrast to a hub, which always forwards every received packet to every other link. LOOP DETECTION
The bridge node incorporates a simple loop detection algorithm. A loop is when two ports are connected to the same physical medium. Loops are important to avoid because of packet storms, which severely degrade performance. A packet storm results when the same packet is sent and received over and over again. If a host is detected on link A, and is then detected on link B within a certain time period after first being detected on link A, then link B is considered to be a looped back link. The time period is called the minimum stable time. A looped back link will be temporarily muted, i.e., all traffic received on that link is ignored. IPFW PROCESSING
Processing of IP packets via the ipfirewall(4) mechanism on a per-link basis is not yet implemented. HOOKS
This node type supports up to NG_BRIDGE_MAX_LINKS hooks. Each connected hook represents a bridged link. The hooks are named link0, link1, etc. Typically these hooks are connected to the lower hooks of one or more ng_ether(4) nodes. To connect the host machine to a bridged net- work, simply connect the upper hook of an ng_ether(4) node to the bridge node. CONTROL MESSAGES
This node type supports the generic control messages, plus the following: NGM_BRIDGE_SET_CONFIG Set the node configuration. This command takes a struct ng_bridge_config as an argument: /* Node configuration structure */ struct ng_bridge_config { u_char ipfw[NG_BRIDGE_MAX_LINKS]; /* enable ipfw */ u_char debugLevel; /* debug level */ u_int32_t loopTimeout; /* link loopback mute time */ u_int32_t maxStaleness; /* max host age before nuking */ u_int32_t minStableAge; /* min time for a stable host */ }; The ipfw array enables ipfirewall(4) processing of IP packets received on the corresponding links. The debugLevel field sets the debug level on the node. At level of 2 or greater, detected loops are logged. The default level is 1. The loopTimeout determines how long (in seconds) a looped link is muted. The default is 60 seconds. The maxStaleness parameter deter- mines how long a period of inactivity before a host's entry is forgotten. The default is 15 minutes. The minStableAge determines how quickly a host must jump from one link to another before we declare a loopback condition. The default is one second. NGM_BRIDGE_GET_CONFIG Returns the current configuration as a struct ng_bridge_config. NGM_BRIDGE_RESET Causes the node to forget all hosts and unmute all links. The node configuration is not changed. NGM_BRIDGE_GET_STATS This command takes a four byte link number as an argument and returns a struct ng_bridge_link_stats containing statistics for the corre- sponding link, which must be currently connected: /* Statistics structure (one for each link) */ struct ng_bridge_link_stats { u_int64_t recvOctets; /* total octets rec'd on link */ u_int64_t recvPackets; /* total pkts rec'd on link */ u_int64_t recvMulticasts; /* multicast pkts rec'd on link */ u_int64_t recvBroadcasts; /* broadcast pkts rec'd on link */ u_int64_t recvUnknown; /* pkts rec'd with unknown dest addr */ u_int64_t recvRunts; /* pkts rec'd less than 14 bytes */ u_int64_t recvInvalid; /* pkts rec'd with bogus source addr */ u_int64_t xmitOctets; /* total octets xmit'd on link */ u_int64_t xmitPackets; /* total pkts xmit'd on link */ u_int64_t xmitMulticasts; /* multicast pkts xmit'd on link */ u_int64_t xmitBroadcasts; /* broadcast pkts xmit'd on link */ u_int64_t loopDrops; /* pkts dropped due to loopback */ u_int64_t loopDetects; /* number of loop detections */ u_int64_t memoryFailures; /* times couldn't get mem or mbuf */ }; NGM_BRIDGE_CLR_STATS This command takes a four byte link number as an argument and clears the statistics for that link. NGM_BRIDGE_GETCLR_STATS Same as NGM_BRIDGE_GET_STATS, but also atomically clears the statistics as well. NGM_BRIDGE_GET_TABLE Returns the current host mapping table used to direct packets, in a struct ng_bridge_host_ary. NGM_BRIDGE_SET_PERSISTENT This command sets the persistent flag on the node, and takes no arguments. SHUTDOWN
This node shuts down upon receipt of a NGM_SHUTDOWN control message, or when all hooks have been disconnected. Setting the persistent flag via a NGM_BRIDGE_SET_PERSISTENT control message disables automatic node shutdown when the last hook gets disconnected. FILES
/usr/share/examples/netgraph/ether.bridge Example script showing how to set up a bridging network SEE ALSO
if_bridge(4), netgraph(4), ng_ether(4), ng_hub(4), ng_one2many(4), ngctl(8) HISTORY
The ng_bridge node type was implemented in FreeBSD 4.2. AUTHORS
Archie Cobbs <archie@FreeBSD.org> BSD
May 5, 2010 BSD