Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat problem with Dependencies package ! Post 302325933 by mark54g on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 01:53:58 PM
Old 06-16-2009
where did you get the rpms and why are you using a force flag on an rpm?

You are asking to break things.

First off, I'd need the output of the following commands:

cat /etc/redhat-release

arch

uname -va

Last edited by Neo; 06-22-2009 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: removed extra words

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Package Manager problem

i'm trying to run Patch Manager, but i'm getting the following problem when i try and run "pprosvc" with either the -l, -d, or -i options. Assessing patches needed for your system...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
8 Replies

2. Linux

Help needed in dependencies problem in Fedora 8 VM

hi, I have installed a VM for Fedora 8 running on Windows Xp. And I have the following error:- Error: Missing Dependency: libgsl.so.0 is needed by package test Error: Missing Dependency: /usr/bin/gcc is needed by package test Error: Missing Dependency: libgslcblas.so.0 is needed by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem with solaris 10 installation package

Hi, I want to install man pages package from solaris 10. Solaris 10 has already been installed on my servor but I have to add the man pages packages. I search for a long time on internet this package but I didn't find a compatible one... So I downloaded Solaris 10 from Sun site to get this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in instaling package SUNWman

Hi All, I am trying to install the package from CD rom and i am unable to do. i have located the package in CD and its there however when i am trying to run pkgadd -d /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc_5/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman i am getting error pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

5. Programming

Dependencies problem GNU automake

I am using the GNU automake. I have created the Configure.in and Makefile.am files but don't know how to link in my dependencies. I have basically added another project (OpenCV) to my eclipse workspace and want to reference this in the build. I have set Eclipse up to include the Cpp files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hembergb
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem while installing WAS ND package

Hi everyone, Hope u doing good. I am trying to installl WebSphere Application Server(WAS) ND package, i got problem at initial level I hope, the problem is with Mozilla browzer. Can anyone trobleshoot the problem An error occurred while starting the launchpad for a WebSphere Application ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarfraz
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with TCL package

Following error encountered while executing characterizationEngine.tcl :confused::confused: $ ./characterizationEngine.tcl Tcl Client is running Ixia Software version: 5.60 Can't find tclx.tcl in the following directories: /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
0 Replies

8. Solaris

php package installation problem

can u tell me the procedure to install php 5 using package .. i downloaded php-5.2.1-sol10-x86-local.gz from sunfreeware i have added package using pkgadd -d php-5.2.1-sol10-x86-local then i have added these two lines in httpd.conf LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin setup old package problem.

Hi there, I am in need to compile an old project for cygwin, but it needs some old packages to compile. I tried to download the x86 setup.exe from cygwin web site. Then downloaded the old packages from various sites and put it in an empty directory I run the setup.exe file and install from local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies
RPMSPEC(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMSPEC(8)

NAME
rpmspec - RPM Spec Tool SYNOPSIS
QUERYING SPEC FILES: rpmspec {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] SPEC_FILE ... select-options [--rpms] [--srpms] query-options [--qf,--queryformat QUERYFMT] [--target TARGET_PLATFORM] QUERY OPTIONS The general form of an rpm spec query command is rpm {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] You may specify the format that the information should be printed in. To do this, you use the --qf|--queryformat QUERYFMT option, followed by the QUERYFMT format string. See rpm(8) for details. SELECT OPTIONS --rpms Operate on the binary package header(s). --srpm Operate on the source package header(s). SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMSPEC(8)