Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to save output of a command in hash variable Post 302324863 by dinjo_jo on Friday 12th of June 2009 04:45:40 AM
Old 06-12-2009
You will need to build hash from array

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command output to a variable.

With cut -c 8-13 myfile, I am getting some numeric value. In my shell script I am trying to assign something like this, var=cut -c 8-13 myfile But at the time of execution I am getting -c is not found. If I dont assign, then script executes well. Can we not simply use the value from one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to save the output of command in tcl/expect

hi, everyone: I just wonder how to save the output of command, I mean everything, save as a string into a variable. another question is I try to ls the details of a directory, but it works in the shell, not in the script. for example code: ls -ltr *se100* | grep ^- | tail -1 | awk '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allenxiao7
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save the output of the command run as other user

Dear All, I am writing a script and kind of stuck in a small thing. Cannot figure it out. so please help I am logged in as root user. I want to switch user to "user1" inside the script and execute a specific command lets say "pwd" and come back where i started. I know how to switch user,... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhail.sadaqat
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output in a variable

Hi, I have a 3rd party tool on Solaris 8. I am running it thorugh my script but I am not able to capture its output into a variable. Like, I tried, but did not work. output=`/usr/bin/myTool` echo $output Also, I tried saving in a file but when I run, output is always shown on the... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to save an output of a command in a variable

Hi, in shell script, i have the command swstart -p which returns an output. i want to store the output of this command into a variable. how i can do that excerpt from the script #!/usr/bin/ksh # # # # Program: swstart -p # # Description: Starts the sentinels on Slave server ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solved: how to save an output to a variable

i want to save the output of /scripts/whoowns domain.com to a username like $user = /scripts/whoowns domain.com but I'm not sure how to do that This is inside a bash script how can I get the output of /scripts/whoowns then save that to a variable? thanks! ---------- Post updated at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute command remotely as sudo and save the output locally?

Hello , I am trying to run a NetBackup command in remote server. Also this command can only be run by root so I am using sudo . Also I want the output of the command locally in a file. The below command asked for password , ran successfully and showed Output on my local server screen ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
2 Replies
Tie::Hash::NamedCapture(3perl)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			    Tie::Hash::NamedCapture(3perl)

NAME
Tie::Hash::NamedCapture - Named regexp capture buffers SYNOPSIS
tie my %hash, "Tie::Hash::NamedCapture"; # %hash now behaves like %+ tie my %hash, "Tie::Hash::NamedCapture", all => 1; # %hash now access buffers from regexp in $qr like %- DESCRIPTION
This module is used to implement the special hashes "%+" and "%-", but it can be used to tie other variables as you choose. When the "all" parameter is provided, then the tied hash elements will be array refs listing the contents of each capture buffer whose name is the same as the associated hash key. If none of these buffers were involved in the match, the contents of that array ref will be as many "undef" values as there are capture buffers with that name. In other words, the tied hash will behave as "%-". When the "all" parameter is omitted or false, then the tied hash elements will be the contents of the leftmost defined buffer with the name of the associated hash key. In other words, the tied hash will behave as "%+". The keys of "%-"-like hashes correspond to all buffer names found in the regular expression; the keys of "%+"-like hashes list only the names of buffers that have captured (and that are thus associated to defined values). SEE ALSO
perlreapi, re, "Pragmatic Modules" in perlmodlib, "%+" in perlvar, "%-" in perlvar. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-19 Tie::Hash::NamedCapture(3perl)