Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Write a new file from 2 files as input to the script Post 302324358 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 10th of June 2009 01:56:04 PM
Old 06-10-2009
can you post how the resulting file should look like??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove old files and write to a log file

Hi, I have a script that works on a unix box but am trying to get it working on a linux box that uses shell. I am not a programmer so this is proving harder than I imagined. I made some changes and ended up with the script below but when I run it I get the following messages. Any help would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabai
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Input a variable and write to a file using awk

Hi I am trying to edit a csv file. Bacically I need to input a search variable and the value that must be changed in one of the fields corresponding to that searched variable. My csv file looks like so: 1,1A,5 1,1B,2 1,1C,3 2,2A,7 2,2B,4 2,2C,0 3,3A,1 3,3B,6 3,3C,4 I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write shell script for input file name format checking?

Hello, I had written a shell script that accepts input file as cmd line argument and process this file. if ; then if ; then . $1 LOGFILE="$LOG_FILE/MIG_BIOS.log"; get_input_file else ERROR_CODE=MSCRM0005_003 error "$ERROR_CODE : Input file $1 is not available"; exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write a script or program to automatic execute and link input file data

Output file template format <input_file_name>a</input_file_name> <total_length_size>b</total_length_size> <log_10_length_size>c</log_10_length_size> Input_file_1 (eg. sample.txt) SDFSDGDGSFGRTREREYWW Parameter: a is equal to the input file name b is equal to the total length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating list of input files (*.file) with a comma in bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to get a bash script working for a program (bowtie) which takes a list of input files (*.fastq) and assembles them to an output file (outfile.sam). All the .fastq files are in one folder in my home directory (~/infiles). The problem is that the 'bowtie' requires that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuAd
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unfold the data from a input file and write to a file

I am working on a script to unfold data for each column from a specific line of data and write output in a single line. Input data looks like this. 2011-09-26 INF UM_10 UserMana Starting synchronization for security domain 14:37:31 080 gementSe . rvice I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files with an input for directories and an input for path/file

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how best to approach this script, and I have very little experience, so I could use all the help I can get. :wall: I regularly need to delete files from many directories. A file with the same name may exist any number of times in different subdirectories.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ShadowCat*
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read user input, Encrypt the data and write to file

Hi, can some one help me how to encrypt and decrypt a file. AIM: reade user input, encrypt it and save it to file. while decryption read the encrypted file decrypt it and save the output in some variable. Example: consider we have Credentials.txt file with content username: password... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to break up file (write new files) in bash

Hello experts, I need help writing individual files from a data matrix, with each new file being written every time there is a blank line: From this cat file.txt col1 col2 col3 6661 7771 8881 6661 7771 8881 6661 7771 8881 col1 col2 col3 3451 2221 1221... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
6 Replies
MAILER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 MAILER(8)

NAME
mailer - script to warn users about their weak passwords SYNOPSIS
mailer password-files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mailer command, which is part of the john package. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. john, better known as John the Ripper, is a tool to find weak passwords of users in a server. The mailer tool is useful to inform users which have been found to be using weak passwords by mail. You should edit the message mailer will send to the users, but remember to copy the script to a safe place before editing it, as it's gen- erally a bad idea to modify things living in /usr. SEE ALSO
john(8), unafs(8), unique(8), unshadow(8). The programs are documented fully by John's documentation, which should be available in /usr/share/doc/john or other location, depending on your system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). John the Ripper and mailer were written by Solar Designer <solar@openwall.com>. The complete list of contributors can be found in the CRED- ITS file in the documentation directory. john June 03, 2004 MAILER(8)