Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris delete first 100 lines from a file Post 302323874 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 9th of June 2009 08:51:07 AM
Old 06-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2156z
sed -e "s/^SG//d"
Should be:

Code:
sed "/^SG/d" file

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete all lines in file

how can i delete all lines in file by using "vi" ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: strok
6 Replies

2. Solaris

delete first 100 lines rather than zero out of file

Hi experts, in my solaris 9 the file- /var/adm/messeages growin too first. by 24 hours 40MB. And always giving the below messages-- bash-2.05# tail -f messages Nov 9 16:35:38 ME1 last message repeated 1 time Nov 9 16:35:38 ME1 ftpd: wtmpx /var/adm/wtmpx No such file or directory Nov 9... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to delete lines in a file

Dear All, I m trying to delete two lines at a time in file called 123.txt. Im using sed and based on line numbers i m deleting it and writing it to another file. Follwing i have done. cat 123.txt | sed '1,5 d' > new I want to delete line no 1 and 5 at a time, for that i m using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete same lines out of file.

hello... I have a file with a list of filepaths in it, like so: delMe.txt (files to be deleted) ./root/index.php ./root/language/se/home.inc.php ./root/language/pl/home.inc.php Now here's what I'm trying to do. I want any lines in the above file (delMe.txt) to be deleted out of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines in a file that have duplicates or derive the lines that aper once

Input: a b b c d d I need: a c I know how to get this (the lines that have duplicates) : b d sort file | uniq -d But i need opossite of this. I have searched the forum and other places as well, but have found solution for everything except this variant of the problem. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: necroman08
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How get only required lines & delete the rest of the lines in file

Hiiii I have a file which contains huge data as a.dat: PDE 1990 1 9 18 51 28.90 24.7500 95.2800 118.0 6.1 0.0 BURMA event name: 010990D time shift: 7.3000 half duration: 5.0000 latitude: 24.4200 longitude: 94.9500 depth: 129.6000 Mrr: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete first 100 lines from a BIG File

Hi, I need a unix command to delete first n (say 100) lines from a log file. I need to delete some lines from the file without using any temporary file. I found sed -i is an useful command for this but its not supported in my environment( AIX 6.1 ). File size is approx 100MB. Thanks in... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: unohu
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete 40 lines after every 24 lines from a file

Hello, I have file of more than 10000 lines. I want to delete 40 lines after every 20 lines. e.g from a huge file, i want to delete line no from 34 - 74, then 94 - 134 etc and so on. Please let me know how i can do it. Best regards, (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete Some Lines from File

Hi, I have a txt document having a format like this: DATA1 | DATA2 | DATA3 | 23-JAN-20 23:41:34 DATA1 | DATA2 | DATA3 | 23-JAN-20 23:41:32 DATA1 | DATA2 | DATA3 | 23-JAN-20 23:41:30 ... DATA1 | DATA2 | DATA3 | 23-JAN-20 22:35:31 DATA1 | DATA2 | DATA3 | 23-JAN-20 22:30:34 DATA1 | DATA2 |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)