Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions bat file to connect UNIX server. Post 302323807 by rahulbahulekar on Tuesday 9th of June 2009 03:59:03 AM
Old 06-09-2009
bat file to connect UNIX server.

Hi,

i am trying to connect to unix server from windows bat file using telnet command. But bat file is unable to pass username and password hence could not login to UNIX.

My requirement is to connect UNIX server from .bat file and run few macros at a perticular schedule. My UNIX login does not have the access to use crontab hence i am going for windows bat files.

I googled a lot to get the answer for - how to connect UNIX from windows bat file but not getting any proper answer.

Plz help!!

Thankx in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing *.bat file on windows from Unix box via ftp command

I have created get_list.bat file containing following line: dir /B /O-d >file_list.txt I am executing ftp command from Unix box and transferring get_list.bat file to windows server. In my next ftp command I am trying to execute this test.bat file by entering this line: get_list or by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alx
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect unix server via web

How can I conncet web server via web? What are the pre- requist? I am having only one Public IP, I am useing SCO OPEN SERVER 5.0.5 Help Me. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_san007
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help needed to connect to windows from unix and run .bat file

Hi Can anyone tell if it is possible to connect from Unix to t a remote windows environment and run a .bat script. Do SSH/SFTP... serve my purpose..if s how.... if not which commands or scripts will help with my requiremnt. points on this are greatly honoured. Thanks in advance. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. with simple example please. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To Connect to Windows server from Unix server

Hi i am writing a script in unix where after some validations, i require the script to connect to a windows server and then kich off a batch file there. i tried ftp and got the error message that "the remote host refused an attempted connect operation". I am able to connect to this unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidzz911
4 Replies

7. Programming

Connect to UNIX server with Visual Basic

Is there any possibility to develop an application using Visual Basic that connects to a unix server (using SSH) and run some commands? I will try to describe what i need : The user should enter the server adress, username and password! Than the user must enter some "filenames" and after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuperDuck
10 Replies

8. Solaris

how to connect a PC terminal to UNIX server?

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and looking for help here. we have four terminals connected to our solaris server (x86 based). the server got an interface card which provide serial port and video port for all chained terminals in a serial way. All these clients have no IP and they all display... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheong
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to connect Unix and Sql Server 2005?

Hi All Can any one please help me about How to connect Unix with Sql Server 2005 I want to do it urgently and i didn't find the way. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux/UNIX Server won't connect to Internet

I know nothing about Linux/Unix. The fact that it is Linux/Unix is what someone told me the server is. It has been set up with the work stations in my home and would connect to the internet (DSL) and work with the other stations. We now have an actual office that does not have DSL, but rather has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BgDunbar
2 Replies
AC(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						     AC(8)

NAME
ac -- display connect time accounting SYNOPSIS
ac [-d] [-p] [-w file] [users ...] DESCRIPTION
If the file /var/log/wtmp exists, a record of individual login and logout times are written to it by init(8) and login(8) respectively. The program ac examines these records and writes the accumulated connect time for all logins to the standard output. Options available: -d Display the connect times in 24 hour chunks. -p Display individual user totals. -w file Read raw connect time data from file instead of the default file /var/log/wtmp. users ... Display totals for the given individuals only. If no arguments are given, ac displays the total amount of login time for all active accounts on the system. The default wtmp file is an infinitely increasing file unless frequently truncated. This is normally done by the daily daemon scripts sched- uled by cron(8) which rename and rotate the wtmp files before truncating them (and keeping about a weeks worth on hand). No login times are collected however, if the file does not exist. FILES
/var/log/wtmp /var/log/wtmp.[0-7] rotated files SEE ALSO
init(8), sa(8), login(1), utmp(5). HISTORY
A ac command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. 4th Berkeley Distribution April 19, 1994 4th Berkeley Distribution